TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Dyno Pull...trying Out The John Lund 91 Octane As Well As 100 Octane Tune

Ghoust

No. Prior to the dyno session, I filled up 13 gallons of 101 octane. So both runs...91 tune as well as 100 tune were made using 100 octane gas. I was trying to figure out why I was down on power. Previously I had dynoed there on 91 octane tune using 91 octane and a stock exhaust. This time around..the only additional mod was the off road h pipe. I am posting up all 3 dyno runs here for comparison...as you can see there is a huge jump while using 100 octane...91 octane is robbing a lot of power from me.

1st run done about 2 months ago is with 91 octane with stock h pipe gives me 641hp / 653tq

2nd run is done with an MRT off road H pipe utilizing 100 octane but still using a 91 octane tune by John Lund 682hp / 693tq

3rd run is done with an MRT off road H pipe utilizing 100 octane and using the 100 octane tune by John Lund 697hp / 698tq

14784099269_686f601b48_b.jpg

No. Prior to the dyno session, I filled up 13 gallons of 101 octane. So both runs...91 tune as well as 100 tune were made using 100 octane gas. I was trying to figure out why I was down on power. Previously I had dynoed there on 91 octane tune using 91 octane and a stock exhaust. This time around..the only additional mod was the off road h pipe. I am posting up all 3 dyno runs here for comparison...as you can see there is a huge jump while using 100 octane...91 octane is robbing a lot of power from me.

Several Friends own late model 5.0 GT's and they told me that they run the higher octane Gas because the it raises the HP. These new cars are built to run on Regular but you get more HP on the Higher Octane Gas.

Archived