TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gts Getting Supercharged!

Morgan19d

Well guys, I am getting my house in Wyoming sold and going to take some of that money and get the GTS Procharged! Are there any other V6 GTS's around that are procharged besides the red prototype? I am stoked about it. Hopfully have the SC on order before the end of the month. Trying to decide on installing myself and hauling it up to Pro-Dyno for the tune, or just letting them do the install for 600-750 labor. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking of doing my 2013 V6 and sending it to SHELBY I have done two cars 2011 45th and a GT 500 SS 2014 both cars came out great . Now I'm going to do my car and make it a GTS and going to add the procharger + interior upgrade to it but I'm not shore of the HIGH - FLOW RADIATOR ? Has anyone done the radiator from SHELBY ??

I would imagine someone has, but I have not seen any. I run the GTS owners group on Facebook, but there is only a fraction of the GTS owners that are on there. It would be nice to even have the numbers for the V8 GTS's since those builds are no longer offered. Ah well. I look forward to seeing yours be GTS'd though! What color combo are you going to go with? Getting the wheel upgrade too?

She is candy red and my GT 500 is ruby red I'm going to keep my stock wheels they look go with the car. They still offer the V8 GTS I just got my paper work and show both V8 & V6 .

I am really certain they made the GTS a V6 only build after the return of the SGT. I looked on the site and it didn't mention V8 on the page or flier, but did on a sub page that I'm sure someone forgot to change. That being said money talks and I am sure something could be worked out lol. I know of a V8 GTS being built right now, but due to extreme circumstances.

Are you going to replace the driveshaft when you supercharge. Take a look on YouTube, there have been a lot ad failures both on the Dino and on the road at ~130mph.

BTW I asked about getting another V8 GTS earlier this year. Answer was "no".

Are you going to replace the driveshaft when you supercharge. Take a look on YouTube, there have been a lot ad failures both on the Dino and on the road at ~130mph.

BTW I asked about getting another V8 GTS earlier this year. Answer was "no".

That is the plan! I will probably not actually need one for anything other than the dyno... unless I get out to west Texas for some Terlingua action!

I'm still trying to convince the boss to Procharge her GTS. We PCS back to the mainland tomorrow, Davenport IA, and I'll look around at who does what there. It appears that they have a very strong Mustang Club from all of the FB posts I've seen of events they participate. There is an IHRA drag strip right outside of the Quad City limits that I'll be checking out and people in the area are saying there are good speed shops. I think I'll be buying the Mamba wheels for the 500 and the GTS will inherit the 500 wheels

BTW, the guys that shipped our 500 and GTS from Hawaii (IAL, DASAutoShipper) lost track of both of them. I've been climbing the walls trying to get answers but since you have to pay for the services before they happen, no one seems to give a crap, they have your money. I finally got an email from St Louis today that my car arrived ... thank God! I'll pick that up on the 5th assuming it's driveable, however, the GTS is still not listed in the DASAutoShipper.com system and no one returns calls or emails.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered the supercharger!!! Hopefully it will arrive within two weeks. Cannot wait. I'll be getting it dyno-tuned at ProDyno and am going to shoot for around 440 rwhp. That should be over 500 at the crank. I am pretty stoked!

• 4 weeks later...

Install completed as well as a little PlastiDip experiment gone right on the radiator shroud. In love with the power and throttle response of her now!

Nice.

It was about time you s/c'ed it.

Has anyone put 3M on the front of there GTS ???

Yes, I have. It's a difficult install on the bumpewr with all the curves.

You will want someone who has experience with difficult installs.

• 2 weeks later...

It's like with most anything, the less one touches it, the better. At some point though, I have had to clean mine.

I am not particularly enamored with clear bras because they scratch. My 3M on the top of the hood was scratched badly from a shop which wiped it with lots of dust present. It looked terrible so I had the hood part replaced with Expel self healing. So far so good with that.

http://xpel.com/products/xpel_ultimate_paint_protection_film.asp

The 3M is still present on the front bumper and because it's not in direct sunlight, it looks fine. However, over time, it does get some soap residue build up to kind of cloud things.

Then I use a designated car soap like Meguairs and using fleece, lightly scrub it, followed by a waxing. In all cases, "light" is good when applying any pressures.

For the hood, which takes direct sunlight, I am glad to be rid of the 3M because it shows scratthes easily. The Expel is great for that hood part.

But, these are just my opinions.

Archived