TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spare Wheel/tire - Tools - Manuals

In my recently acquired GT500KR 2009 are missing: spare wheel/tire, tools and manuals. Can people here in this forum help me with some information? What are the spare wheel/tire specifications? The KR tools are the same as regular 2009 GT500s? Does anybody know a link to online manuals? Thank you in advance.

In my recently acquired GT500KR 2009 are missing: spare wheel/tire, tools and manuals. Can people here in this forum help me with some information? What are the spare wheel/tire specifications? The KR tools are the same as regular 2009 GT500s? Does anybody know a link to online manuals? Thank you in advance.

There is no such thing as a spare tire/wheel and/or tools. They don't have them. A tire inflator kit is in the spare tire area that includes a can of slime and a compressor.

I can't speak on the manuals, someone with a KR will have to help you.

Phill

Hi and welcome.

Let's see some pictures. :)

Manuals are for sale on eBay and you can purchase the KR supplements from SAI...if you really want to spend that kind of money.

If you are an owner, be sure to call SAI and register your KR. You'll also need to send them a copy of your registration if you ever want replacement parts.

Good luck,

AK.

Welcome to the TS family,

As previously stated, there is no spare or tools.

The manual is standard Mustang with a GT500 supplement, and furthermore to that, there is a KR supplement written specifically for our cars.

Loads of them on eBay, heres one for $30

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-FORD-MUSTANG-GT500-SHELBY-COBRA-OWNERS-MANUAL-USER-GUIDE-w-CASE-OEM-/221505424130?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item3392c08b02&vxp=mtr

Good luck, enjoy, and post up some pix

The manual is standard Mustang with a GT500 supplement, and furthermore to that, there is a KR supplement written specifically for our cars.

Oh yeah, DUHHHH! I knew that and should'a been able to tell him that.

Stupid me.

Phill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Irony...

Ford did everything they could to shave weight for performance (power to weight ratio) and people do everything they can to add all the weight.

Phill

​Thanks 08kr525! When it comes to the relativity of speed i always remember Eddie Bello's Porsche Turbo. Full leather interior, full sound system, air conditioner; a real street car. It would do full wheelies on the drag strip. What a site to behold.

I also want to carry a spare KR wheel and tire in the trunk like this. Will this trigger the tire pressure warning light system in any way. The reason I ask is because I don't have the tire pressure sensor in sync with the rest of the tires on my car...or does it not matter?

No warning lights have gone off yet. I have the refurbished spare. Got a used tire from my tire guy, front tire width. Stock mustang jack fits under the wheel. And a decent breaker bar. The trunk carpet isn't flat but elevation is minimal, not visible. They still have some wheels on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KR-Style-18-x-9-5-Shelby-Forged-Powder-Coated-Mustang-GT500-Wheel-Grey-/171446947900?hash=item27eb08d03c

No warning lights have gone off yet. I have the refurbished spare. Got a used tire from my tire guy, front tire width. Stock mustang jack fits under the wheel. And a decent breaker bar. The trunk carpet isn't flat but elevation is minimal, not visible. They still have some wheels on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KR-Style-18-x-9-5-Shelby-Forged-Powder-Coated-Mustang-GT500-Wheel-Grey-/171446947900?hash=item27eb08d03c

Thanks for the link. Does yours have a tire pressure monitor sensor installed?

Archived