TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque

500HP GT

Pipe down Lonnie. :finger:

Blayne,

Just put a stop on the charges and let Visa deal with it. Should be pretty painless.

ouch Rob, that pan hurts

I already have a headache from the :beerchug: :party: :tequila:

Bandit

can I get a little help over here???

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pipe down Lonnie. :finger:

Blayne,

Just put a stop on the charges and let Visa deal with it. Should be pretty painless.

I was hoping to receive them soon, return them, and have SAI credit my card back. Sorry about the frustration.

Thanks Grabber,

Blayne

Thanks Joe that helps me, I ordered mine on 3-8-07, so that means I should have mine coming soon also......hopefully.

Just checked, nothing charged yet :banghead:

If you call your credit card company and use there computer system you WILL NOT get the info because its to new of a charge, however you talk to the rep (real person) then they can tell you of your most resent charge to your account. Thats what I did and he also told me it takes 3 to 5 days to be on the computer system maybe thats why :idea:

:backtotopic:

I had sent Bud an email this morning about my credit card expiring. He called me back and it turns out that I put it on the wifes credit card. :shades: It apparently shipped already and he said I should get it around Wednesday. :woohoo: Now I just need to explain the charge to the wife. :fan:

How do you know this is Rob !

:spiteful:

I don't you have Bills avatar and maybe you changes all your other info too

if fact your not acting like Rob, you're acting more like Bill

Oh no

I need a nap

FWIW...I just checked my credit card and the charge for the dash plaque went through! My order was placed 3/13/07. Now I just have to wait for the big brown truck.

It is typical of a growth spert that exceeds the companies resources...Labor or materials???

I've been wondering about this situation too. :headscratch:

SAI has a growing following and a lot of demand for their products. Still, they can't get their website in order (not well organized IMHO), their products available (Coming Soon! for half of their "products"), a very long turn around time for the dash plaques, poor customer service on occasion (as mentioned above), etc. :shrug:

It makes me wonder whether they have the financial resources to make it all happen - I remember reading somewhere that SAI was not doing well financially when Amy took over. They have a lot of capital intensive programs: SS package, 40th aniversary package, S-GT, etc. :spend:

SAI just might not have the cash to make their business work well at this point. :work:

Just my thoughts.... :stirpot:

I've been wondering about this situation too. :headscratch:

SAI has a growing following and a lot of demand for their products. Still, they can't get their website in order (not well organized IMHO), their products available (Coming Soon! for half of their "products"), a very long turn around time for the dash plaques, poor customer service on occasion (as mentioned above), etc. :shrug:

It makes me wonder whether they have the financial resources to make it all happen - I remember reading somewhere that SAI was not doing well financially when Amy took over. They have a lot of capital intensive programs: SS package, 40th aniversary package, S-GT, etc. :spend:

SAI just might not have the cash to make their business work well at this point. :work:

Just my thoughts.... :stirpot:

Service is number 1 in just about any business. I personally was hoping SAI would have performance parts for my car, fuzzy dice are nice but I spend my money on what makes the car run better. I have tried to buy a set of floor mats since April 21 and have not been successful. I ordered the plaque the first day and yet others that ordered after me have their plaque and I don't. I don't care if you think I'm a jerk, my cash is green and excuses are excuses.

Edit: Please don't delete my post

Service is number 1 in just about any business. I personally was hoping SAI would have performance parts for my car, fuzzy dice are nice but I spend my money on what makes the car run better. I have tried to buy a set of floor mats since April 21 and have not been successful. I ordered the plaque the first day and yet others that ordered after me have their plaque and I don't. I don't care if you think I'm a jerk, my cash is green and excuses are excuses.

Edit: Please don't delete my post

Someone had mentioned in an earlier post that there were some QA/QC issues on a batch of the plaques and that they needed to be sent back to the vendor! I have not verified this, but if it is true, it would account for part of the delay in the dash plaques. You have a right to be upset about your mats. Have you been able to send Bud an e-mail direct and ask him to help you ?

Someone had mentioned in an earlier post that there were some QA/QC issues on a batch of the plaques and that they needed to be sent back to the vendor! I have not verified this, but if it is true, it would account for part of the delay in the dash plaques. You have a right to be upset about your mats. Have you been able to send Bud an e-mail direct and ask him to help you ?

Bud seems like a nice guy and friendly on the phone. I was considering spending allot of money at SAI for the SS package and am glad this is happened to me now instead of after I had shipped them my car. I will have someone else send a piece of a GT500 dash for signing and then install to my car. I'm not worried about the two invoices sitting on my desk for a single product never received, I can have that corrected through the credit card company. I have emailed Bud and spoken with him on the phone multiple times. I don't like standing in line and having someone else getting waited on before me that is in line behind me.

Bud seems like a nice guy and friendly on the phone. I was considering spending allot of money at SAI for the SS package and am glad this is happened to me now instead of after I had shipped them my car. I will have someone else send a piece of a GT500 dash for signing and then install to my car. I'm not worried about the two invoices sitting on my desk for a single product never received, I can have that corrected through the credit card company. I have emailed Bud and spoken with him on the phone multiple times. I don't like standing in line and having someone else getting waited on before me that is in line behind me.

The only thing I can think of is that some of the early orders could of had a QA/QC problem that delayed them as one of the other members posted. I understand your frustration.

I thought after 2 weeks since I went on my annual training I would come home to a package from SAI, whats the deal? I got confirmation from Bud more than 2 weeks ago before I left and he said on the 18 May fri that 400 plates should be on his desk by tues-wed (22-23May) and I was one of them! :waiting::banghead::waiting::banghead::waiting::banghead::waiting::banghead:

The only thing I can think of is that some of the early orders could of had a QA/QC problem that delayed them as one of the other members posted. I understand your frustration.

Grabber, I feel somewhat of what Blayne is feeling, though not all because of the mat issue; and I'm sympathetic to the growing pains at SAI. Trust me, I want nothing more than to see SAI succeed because of the nostalgia they are bringing back to the muscle car era. However, I'm with Blayne on the simple fact we were among the first to order and yet we are seeing others getting their cc verifications before us with not even a post of the validity of the botched batch of first dash plaques. I will continue to wait with no negative comments regarding SAI, and especially Bud because of his obvious dedication to his work. However, it would be nice to at least know if there was or was not a problem so we can hold tight on waiting. The question that seems obvious is that with the issues regarding a $300 dash plaque, what will the 40th and SS packages hold in store for those of us that are getting it? With that said, I will still wait for SAI to sort out their growing pains out of respect for CS and what he has meant for us all!!!

IMO I think SAI has taken on too many projects and made too many promises with too little staffing and too little inventory. Yes, it is indeed frustrating for those that ordered in early March to see folks that ordered a month later getting theirs. :banghead: Now, if there was indeed a "quality" issue with the plaques ordered early on then that's another story. I'm sure with the price we're paying nobody would be happy receiving a less than perfect plaque.

I ordered my Plaque April 9th & On May 31st it hit my Credit Card. Now I have something to look forward too this week in the mail other than bills

Wow CWHR...that is reasonable.

I ordered 3/9 and confirmed 3/9 and still no CC charge. Very frustrating, but I too will wait patiently out of respect for CS. Based on Bud's latest post from this weekend (which I did appreciate), I am anticpating a CC charge and shipment early this week.

Wow CWHR...that is reasonable.

I ordered 3/9 and confirmed 3/9 and still no CC charge. Very frustrating, but I too will wait patiently out of respect for CS. Based on Bud's latest post from this weekend (which I did appreciate), I am anticpating a CC charge and shipment early this week.

I just got home from traveling and the package arrived while I was gone. Very nice.

post-6240-1181485857_thumb.jpg

post-6240-1181486323_thumb.jpg

post-6240-1181485857_thumb.jpg

post-6240-1181486323_thumb.jpg

I just got home from traveling and the package arrived while I was gone. Very nice.

500hp, i did receive mine this past friday. sill plates and plaque are on the car. that sig on your plaque looks sweet. i think CS was a little tired when he signed mine. i am definitely not complaining because i am ecstatic to have it, but it is not quite as clear as yours. congrats!!

500hp, i did receive mine this past friday. sill plates and plaque are on the car. that sig on your plaque looks sweet. i think CS was a little tired when he signed mine. i am definitely not complaining because i am ecstatic to have it, but it is not quite as clear as yours. congrats!!

Hey gt50035,

Thanks. Glad you got yours, too. The signature on mine is great. A little off center (but I'm not complaining either!). It is very nice. Haven't put it on the car yet. I did drive my Shelby for the first time in a week today. Good day for it. I was in Paris last week, and I don't mean Paris Texas. Saw one Viper near the Champs Elysee, 0 Shelbys, and 0 Vettes. Mostly funny looking little French cars. Actually, really funny looking. Renault and Peugeot. The women, however, are beautiful. The cars, not so much.

:shift:

post-6240-1181582819_thumb.jpg

post-6240-1181582984_thumb.jpg

post-6240-1181582819_thumb.jpg

post-6240-1181582984_thumb.jpg

Hi GT50035,

Did Mr. Shelby actually sign the plaque? If so what type of pen does it look like he used? A Sharpie felt tip pen? Do they coat it to keep it from coming off?

I ordered one yesterday for my pre-production GT500 I just picked up used (50k Ford test miles) in OH who bought it at an auction from Ford. I got a letter of acceptance yesterday but today I got another email that said their site was down and I would have to plave another order. Before I go to the trouble I want to make sure he hand signs each plaque.

Thanks,

MSBMustang "Mark"

Hi GT50035,

Did Mr. Shelby actually sign the plaque? If so what type of pen does it look like he used? A Sharpie felt tip pen? Do they coat it to keep it from coming off?

I ordered one yesterday for my pre-production GT500 I just picked up used (50k Ford test miles) in OH who bought it at an auction from Ford. I got a letter of acceptance yesterday but today I got another email that said their site was down and I would have to plave another order. Before I go to the trouble I want to make sure he hand signs each plaque.

Thanks,

MSBMustang "Mark"

Mark,

As CWHR said below, yes CS hand signs all of the plaques with a black Sharpie and it is not coated with anything. I posted a pic of my plaque under the 'Ask Amy Forum' on the dash plaque thread. The plaque is pretty heavy duty brushed aluminum and I can't imagine the signature wearing out. Though I was somewhat surprised that the plaque did not come with a Certificate of Authenticity. It is definitely his hand signature and it is truly a treasure for any GT500 owner! Buy it now!! BTW, Congrats on your purchase!

Mark,

As CWHR said below, yes CS hand signs all of the plaques with a black Sharpie and it is not coated with anything. I posted a pic of my plaque under the 'Ask Amy Forum' on the dash plaque thread. The plaque is pretty heavy duty brushed aluminum and I can't imagine the signature wearing out. Though I was somewhat surprised that the plaque did not come with a Certificate of Authenticity. It is definitely his hand signature and it is truly a treasure for any GT500 owner! Buy it now!! BTW, Congrats on your purchase!

Edit: Mark, I told you the wrong thread my man. There are so many plaque threads I lost track. Here is the link to my plaque pic...

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...8409&st=260

...should be on page 14

I called Bud last week about my March 10th plaque order. Still waiting for the return call. I'm about done with SAI.

Archived