TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody Replace Clutch With Mcleod Rst Twin Disc Clutch

cormy

I'm only pushing 400 HP, but we put an RST in my Boss 302 and it's perfect. I had a "gear lockout" problem where I couldn't shift above 6500 RPM with my stock clutch. The RST allows me to shift at 7500 all day long, as fast as I can work the shifter.

Personally I would go straight for the RXT.

If money was tight for me, I would either do that and/or park the car until I could afford to do it.

No sense spending good money on something that will not hold up to your needs.

I assume that since you have dialed in more power, you will want to make good use it.

I just don't understand how items can be advertised for this car but not really work out? The RST says its good to 800HP, but everybody says it wont last..??

It's not a matter of "it won't last" It's that there's something better

Replacing the clutch is either expensive or a big PIA (depending on if it's you or who you pay to do it) you don't want to have to do it again

You can go back in with light duty parts and if you drive nice it'll probably last a good long time

or you can go with heavy duty parts and not have to worry about it ever again

don't get me wrong......I completely understand the hard times/short of money situation right now

but, my advice would be spend the couple hundred extra dollars and go with the best you can get. It wont cost any more to install just 2-3 hundred more for the parts.

Personally I would go straight for the RXT.

If money was tight for me, I would either do that and/or park the car until I could afford to do it.

No sense spending good money on something that will not hold up to your needs.

I assume that since you have dialed in more power, you will want to make good use it.

+1 I had to baby mine then park her for a while. So you are not alone.

The RST would probably work fine as a replacement for a stock car or for a mildly modified car with just an intake or something. Most of us though are getting near the power limitations of that clutch though with around a grand in performance mods so I think you made the right choice.

Archived