TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dripping Black "Carbon"?

mastersmech1

I drove my SGT this weekend. Not very far, then parked it in the garage. I backed it out tonight to do some a/c work in th garage and found two black spots about six inched apart in the vacinity of the x pipe. I didn't have time to investigate too much tonight, but it wiped up like black carbon dust. Any ideas?

I drove my SGT this weekend. Not very far, then parked it in the garage. I backed it out tonight to do some a/c work in th garage and found two black spots about six inched apart in the vacinity of the x pipe. I didn't have time to investigate too much tonight, but it wiped up like black carbon dust. Any ideas?

I think it is condensation mixed with the exhaust carbon and they have weep holes like our Corsa's to drain.

Do you get that on either car?

It depends on the temp of the outside air I think.

The other day in the morning I fired up the GT500 @ 8am and let it idle for 7 minutes while waiting for my son to come out so I could take him to school. It was 60 degrees out.

I had a amount of black water on the floor about the size of a golf ball under each corsa drain hole. I usually only let the car idle for a minute or so and it never happens.

You guys just need to drive faster to get those nasty Hydrocarbons out of your exhaust and into the Atmosphere where they belong! Too much crusin' and not enough throttle brusin' boys!

:headspin: :happy feet: :shift::hysterical2:

You guys just need to drive faster to get those nasty Hydrocarbons out of your exhaust and into the Atmosphere where they belong! Too much crusin' and not enough throttle brusin' boys!

:headspin: :happy feet: :shift::hysterical2:

No problem here!

"Yes officer 'Son of GT' said I should go out and drive faster and spin tires all over the place." ........ "Son of who???" :hysterical:

Archived