TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Group Buy I I: 20" Exclusive Staggered Razor Wheel/tire Package In Silver

SPP Keith

Guess what was waiting for me when we came home from breakfast on Saturday morning???

WGC_3079_zpstpdcxpey.jpg

Two boxes were on the front porch, but the FedEx guy must have gotten tired carrying them because boxes three and four were left at the top of the drive way.

I was wondering how the tires/rims were going to be packed to keep them safe during shipping. I am happy to say that SA did a great job packaging them. Each one was individually boxed. The tires/rims were wrapped in plastic sheeting and then "foam in placed" inside the box. This made for a very secure and protective package.

WGC_3083_zpsevy9yp9q.jpg

WGC_3086_zpsngtvoqyd.jpg

Here is the firsat tire/rim I unpacked.....I think it looks great!!!

WGC_3089_zps0kae74ue.jpg

I unpacked the rest of the rims, then moved them into the basement for safe keeping. I want to change my brake pads (I'm still running the stock pads and they create a lot of brake dust) before installing the Razors, and detail the brakes, calipers, and wheel well areas.

WGC_3094_zpsdnvczb6i.jpg

While moving the rims I noticed that these are heavy rims. I didn't weight them, but they are not light-weights......or maybe it's just a sign that I need to go to the gym a little more often. I also noticed that the two front rims were perfectly balanced 'as mounted' and needed no additional weights to correct them. One of the rears has two weights, and the other just three. The weights were placed on the 'step down' of the inside lip and will be virtually impossible to see when mounted.

WGC_3104_zpsw8otwwtk.jpg

Rear tires are almost 12" wide (if you do the math, it comes out to 11.6"), and have a nice tread pattern.

WGC_3098_zpsnumaette.jpg

WGC_3105_zpswqhwqkkt.jpg

The wheel lip on the front (9" wide) rims is about 2" and the rears (10" wide) is about 3". This is the first time that Shelby has offered Razors in a 'staggered' set-up.

WGC_3100_zpsplqsht4q.jpg

WGC_3099_zpselpsbmgk.jpg

Here's a comparison of the two rims side by side to show the differance

WGC_3102_zps1nct8s0y.jpg

If anyone has any questions, or would like me to take some specific photos, please let me know.

When I first decided I wanted a set of Razors for my GT500 it was January 19th, 2013. I waited over two years to get them, and more than one person questions my sanity in waiting so long to get them. All I can say is that it was well worth the perseverance and the wait. I couldn't be happier with how these look, and can't wait to get them on the car.

One thing I will need to do before installing them is to purchase a thin wall socket as my standard socket will not fit into the recessed area around the bolt holes. I knew this, but forgot about it until the wheels arrived.

I will post more pics when I get them installed.

Z-man

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Kstrong -

I was wondering who was going to be the first to ask where my photos were. ?

My plan was to do a brake job and totally detail out the calipers, rotors, hubs, and wheel wells when I installed the new rims. I don't actually need new brake pads, but the OEM pads produce so must dust that I wanted to swap them out to help keep the Razors clean.

I ordered a set of Akebono pads from a distributor after talking with a technical service representative at Alebono to confirm the correct part numbers for my car. Shortly after I placed the order, the brake pads went on back order. Apparently they are only made when the company gets enough orders for them to make it worthwhile to set up the production line to make them. I have them on my BMW and have no trouble getting them....even Pep-boys carries them, but I guess not too many folks put them on their GT500's.

They were supposed to ship this week, but I received another e-mail telling me they are now on double back order and it will be the end of May by the time I get them.

So as soon as I get a chance I'm going to put the Razors on the car, then do the brake job and detailing when the pads finally arrive.

Pictures will definitely follow when I get the rims and tires installed.

Z-man

Kstrong -

I was wondering who was going to be the first to ask where my photos were.

My plan was to do a brake job and totally detail out the calipers, rotors, hubs, and wheel wells when I installed the new rims. I don't actually need new brake pads, but the OEM pads produce so must dust that I wanted to swap them out to help keep the Razors clean.

I ordered a set of Akebono pads from a distributor after talking with a technical service representative at Alebono to confirm the correct part numbers for my car. Shortly after I placed the order, the brake pads went on back order. Apparently they are only made when the company gets enough orders for them to make it worthwhile to set up the production line to make them. I have them on my BMW and have no trouble getting them....even Pep-boys carries them, but I guess not too many folks put them on their GT500's.

They were supposed to ship this week, but I received another e-mail telling me they are now on double back order and it will be the end of May by the time I get them.

So as soon as I get a chance I'm going to put the Razors on the car, then do the brake job and detailing when the pads finally arrive.

Pictures will definitely follow when I get the rims and tires installed.

Z-man

Got it.

Thanks.

Archived