TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Group Buy I I: 20" Exclusive Staggered Razor Wheel/tire Package In Silver

SPP Keith

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also, i can't help but notice that the new 10" rears must sit closer inward under the wheel well than the original 9" (40th anniversary) razors do. personally, i'd rather have the same outward appearance front and rear. if you need more width, have them widened on the inside. my rears are actually 20x11" w/24mm offset and i'm able to run 305-315s.

What would that adjustment be? How does the tire height and roll-out compare to the stock GT500 tires? Will there be need for a speedometer correction?

Z-man

Looking at the specs, the rear overall tire height increases a little over an inch. My 40th ride height is still the same as it left SAI. I don't have any additional room. This should be a simple fix with an adjustment to the Eibach spring perch.

Sure would like to have a wider set for the rear, mine are chrome though.

This is a great group purchase! Hope they keep doing these!

Sure would like to have a wider set for the rear, mine are chrome though.

Check out AmericanMuscle.com. They have the 10" wide rims in chrome with the same offset.

Z-man

American Racing has only one mold for the 10" wide rim, with the +48mm offset

That is my understanding as well. Therefore, the Silver rims from SA, would be dimensionally identical to the Black/Gun Metal/Chrome rims from American Muscle.

find a 9" with 24mm and send it off to be widened from the inside. then it maintains the same appearance from the outside but can run wider tires.

The only reason to do this (given the info directly above in this reply) is to that the front rim and the rear rim have the same appearance in terms of the width of the width of the 'lip' on the rim. Widening the rim by adding to the backside of it may limit tire widths, due to interfere with the shock tubes. Best to do your homework before taking this approach to ensure everything goes smoothly.

.....wait a minute, I just had a thought. If you did this, would the modifies rims now fit over larger (non-stock) rear brakes?

Z-man

EXACTLY.

like i said before... i now have 20x11" w/24mm offset rims on the rear of my car.

Got it...I was a little slow on figuring out what you meant or why you would do that.

And they look sweet!!!

They are sweet.....you need a set!

Been lurking around this post for a week or so and seems that getting the complete tire and wheel package is not a bad deal. The Silver looks great and with these tires will really hook up good. I am hoping that there is enough interest to get these done. As much as it hurts I gotta have em..

• 2 weeks later...

Sent an email two weeks ago to get on the list but never got a response. Anyone have any update on how many signed up?

I was having a problem with the E-Mail too. Came back undeliverable. I just called Keith and got on the list.

Hi All,

Today and tomorrow are the last days of this group buy! Once again, I can be reached at groupbuys@shelbyamerican.com or you can call the main line at 702-405-3500 and ask for me directly. Were still taking deposits and will announce the results Wednesday morning, 9/17. Thanks for all that have called in and made deposits so far!

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!

Act soon or you'll end up wishing you did. This is most likely a one time opportunity. Don't be kicking yourself on Wednesday when it's too late!

Z-man

Z,

How is it that you were able to work with the manufacture and they promised to bring these to market......but then it fizzled out like a fart in the wind, but they will make a couple dozen sets for Shelby. I don't get it.

Z,

How is it that you were able to work with the manufacture and they promised to bring these to market......but then it fizzled out like a fart in the wind, but they will make a couple dozen sets for Shelby. I don't get it.

Grabber -

The manufacturer DID bring them to market, and they have been available from American Muscle for maybe six months now...but only in chrome, black, and gun-metal finishes. I always wanted the silver rims, but Shelby never licensed any other company to distribute silver finish. So I asked Shelby to consider bringing back the silver finish, and a wider rear rim. Apparently they felt I wasn't the only one who might buy a set, but didn't want to risk too much capital, so the "group buy" option was offered.

Just keep your fingers crossed that there are enough orders by tomorrow evening to cover the required order quantity for the production run.

Z-man

Grabber -

The manufacturer DID bring them to market, and they have been available from American Muscle for maybe six months now...but only in chrome, black, and gun-metal finishes. I always wanted the silver rims, but Shelby never licensed any other company to distribute silver finish. So I asked Shelby to consider bringing back the silver finish, and a wider rear rim. Apparently they felt I wasn't the only one who might buy a set, but didn't want to risk too much capital, so the "group buy" option was offered.

Just keep your fingers crossed that there are enough orders by tomorrow evening to cover the required order quantity for the production run.

Z-man

thanks for clarifying

Hello team,

After waiting an extra day for some last minute deposits, I'm pleased to announce that this group buy was a success! Thank you for all that called/emailed and came in person for deposits. FYI-Over 90% of you ordered the wheels mounted and balanced with tires! I will be calling on all the members that purchased these in the next few days to collect on the remaining amount. The PO has been issued and I expect these wheels to arrive in the next 90 days, just in time for the holidays. Once again, a big thank to all that contributed and made this group buy a success! Please be on the lookout for our next great group buy offering!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived