TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Don't Think I'm Going To Go With The Double Clutch This Time

cormy

Will probably end up putting a single clutch plate and new flywheel on. Seems cheaper and doesn't appear to make much of a difference.

Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit

I have never known anybody to do this. I guess you might be one of the first. For this kind of performance car that is. Let us know how it works out.

? There are so many offerings of a single clutch for these cars....?

I don't understand. Please explain for I need to buy one soon....

Maybe I'm not reading the descriptions or seeing the pictures correctly. :shrug:

SPEC Clutch Kit Stage 3 With Steel Flywheel GT500 2007-2009

? There are so many offerings of a single clutch for these cars....?

I don't understand. Please explain for I need to buy one soon....

Maybe I'm not reading the descriptions or seeing the pictures correctly. :shrug:

Almost everybody I know or have heard of goes with either McCleod or Spec. They're the proven set ups. I've just don't know if I've ever even heard of a single disk clutch for these cars :shrug:

I will agree with that Doug.

What do you all think about this one?

Can't seem to add the link but CJ Pony sells it (among others).

I haven't had to take the plunge yet (knock on wood) but I've heard some guys say the Specs are noisey

I haven't heard many complaints about the McCleod RXT, so that's the way I'm going when the time comes.

Before the I get the flames from the Spec fans, I know how all the noise is from installation supposedly, but after reading reviews on several forums

I've seen many more complaints about the Spec then the McCleod :shrug:

Talked to my guy at VMP, said McLeod RST will not last after a few hard launches on the street (not strip). Recommended the McLeod RXT. There goes my "cheap" clutch replacement.... :spend:

Just wondering if I can use the existing flywheel and just buy the RXT or have to get the clutch & flywheel together...?

Talked to my guy at VMP, said McLeod RST will not last after a few hard launches on the street (not strip). Recommended the McLeod RXT. There goes my "cheap" clutch replacement.... :spend:

Just wondering if I can use the existing flywheel and just buy the RXT or have to get the clutch & flywheel together...?

NOTHING is cheap on these cars :doh:

I had the opportunity to talk to McLeod at great length a couple years ago when my stock clutch with 3200 miles started smoking. Ford did the replacement with the 2013 clutch but it was not as good as my original clutch. Well long story short after many conversations with McLeod I went with the RXT and there flywheel. Why the RXT and not the RST? Well both are great clutches but the RXT is pretty much one and done, what I mean by that is you have plenty of room to grow ( HP) and don't have to touch it again. Unless you go over 1000HP. You can get the whole set up when they go on sale for $1200. Hardest part is driving like grandma when you break it in. LOL I forgot to mention if something does go wrong, you can send her back and they will rebuild for a flat fee. Great customer service as well.

I'm glad I did this because now I'm in the 850 HP range and it works like a champ.

Mark

Archived