TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where's The Excitement About New Builds?

ageishecker

I haven't seen a post about someone ordering or taking delivery of a SS, GTS, Shelby GT, Shelby Raptor, etc. in quite some time. I was at a SA a couple of times this Spring and the lifts were filled with cars and trucks, so they're being built for someone. Why aren't those owners showing the excitement we used to see? To me that's where this site has lost its luster.

I haven't seen a post about someone ordering or taking delivery of a SS, GTS, Shelby GT, Shelby Raptor, etc. in quite some time. I was at a SA a couple of times this Spring and the lifts were filled with cars and trucks, so they're being built for someone. Why aren't those owners showing the excitement we used to see? To me that's where this site has lost its luster.

Agreed. I really enjoy the build threads.

Maybe they are actually out enjoying their cars and not at home on the computer posting about it. Or busy working to pay for it! :)

• Ok, you twisted my arm. I am still waiting on my 14' GT350 which was ordered just before the order banks closed. The wait is hard and I now expect to receive my car just before it needs to go into storage for the long WI winters. It's almost a violation of my 8th Amendment rights(cruel and unusual punishments). However going to this forum eases the wait.

• Ok, you twisted my arm. I am still waiting on my 14' GT350 which was ordered just before the order banks closed. The wait is hard and I now expect to receive my car just before it needs to go into storage for the long WI winters. It's almost a violation of my 8th Amendment rights(cruel and unusual punishments). However going to this forum eases the wait.

The wait sure can be rough but well worth the cruel and unusual punishment.

I agree. I was at the mother ship last Saturday. The shop was filled. Even on Saturday people were working (I think some people in the paint area) but we don't hear anything. Heck even a car that was in the museum floor got moved to the manufacturing area while we were there to get the start of a SS. Maybe the old farts buying them don't do the internet ? :)

I know for me, I used to post many of my Shelby builds on TS, and for a few years was an authorized advertiser. Those of you that have been on here for a while remember many of my build threads, those relatively new haven't seen them.

Not only was it time consuming to upload all the pictures, write books on what we were doing all late at night when I wasn't on the phone with work, but I got frustrated with bickering over nonsense. Not to say there was a lot, but the few people that would complain about their build not getting the post count of another, who has more parts on their Shelby, and the plethora of questions emailed, PM'ed and phone calls that derived from the posts would get very time consuming. Not to say I myself didn't enjoy 95 percent of it and the great people, most of who are great friends, it was the phone calls at midnight from people I never met before asking about clutch pressure plate torque specs, or what kind of oil for my differential? etc, that was starting to drive me nuts and I wasn't spending the time I needed to maintain my own sanity, or focus on my builds and other business endeavors, so I stopped posting my builds. I do email and text pictures to the owners of the cars we build at my shop still, I just don't post them here.

I still come on here and lurk, I just don't often offer tech advice even when I want to help because it will end up usually generating multiple phone calls, emails and PM's. I wish there was 30 hours in the day!!! Still lots of great people on TS and lots of great information for those that are new here by using the search function. Many new threads started seem to be repetitions of 07-12.

Alex

Some of us old guys need to by a 2015 Shelby (what will it be called) and start posting new threads again I guess!

Not me though...keeping the '07 SGT, which is "old news" now.....

Whether or not there are threads posted here or not, there is a mighty small community of Shelby car enthusiasts. As it relates to the overall "car guy" community and we all have one thing in common........

That passion may or may not be expressed on forums, as there are a lot of older folks that are not necessarily computer savvy.

However, if you go to shows and get togethers, they're out there!! The "luster" is mighty apparent!

:thumbsup:

I know for me, I used to post many of my Shelby builds on TS, and for a few years was an authorized advertiser. Those of you that have been on here for a while remember many of my build threads, those relatively new haven't seen them.

Not only was it time consuming to upload all the pictures, write books on what we were doing all late at night when I wasn't on the phone with work, but I got frustrated with bickering over nonsense. Not to say there was a lot, but the few people that would complain about their build not getting the post count of another, who has more parts on their Shelby, and the plethora of questions emailed, PM'ed and phone calls that derived from the posts would get very time consuming. Not to say I myself didn't enjoy 95 percent of it and the great people, most of who are great friends, it was the phone calls at midnight from people I never met before asking about clutch pressure plate torque specs, or what kind of oil for my differential? etc, that was starting to drive me nuts and I wasn't spending the time I needed to maintain my own sanity, or focus on my builds and other business endeavors, so I stopped posting my builds. I do email and text pictures to the owners of the cars we build at my shop still, I just don't post them here.

I still come on here and lurk, I just don't often offer tech advice even when I want to help because it will end up usually generating multiple phone calls, emails and PM's. I wish there was 30 hours in the day!!! Still lots of great people on TS and lots of great information for those that are new here by using the search function. Many new threads started seem to be repetitions of 07-12.

Alex

Alex, you have been a major "force" here on TS, and an EXCELLENT communicator. :victory:

I can completely understand your post, as you have a full plate bud! And you've been MORE than generous with your time for the Shelby community!

Thanks for all you've done over the years!! I for one have enjoyed your build threads.

Chris

Great to see some of this discussed. It's been so long that I actually forgot what the acronym was that we called the long and painful wait. Something like Shelby Distress Waiting Syndrome, or some sort of syndrome. Mine was 7 hellish months, but worth every minute. But it sure was incredibly painful.

Congrats RaisedOnFords. Be sure to post pics when it arrives.

Great to see some of this discussed. It's been so long that I actually forgot what the acronym was that we called the long and painful wait. Something like Shelby Distress Waiting Syndrome, or some sort of syndrome. Mine was 7 hellish months, but worth every minute. But it sure was incredibly painful.

Congrats RaisedOnFords. Be sure to post pics when it arrives.

Hey there Adam.....

It was good see'n you and the kids again this year at Wicks.

Man oh man is your car loud!!!! :drool:

:salute:

Archived