TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kr Brake Cooling Kit Question

bnoslo

I am not sure if this has been answered before, so i figured i would ask here. Does the Ford Racing GT500KR brake cooling kit, the backing plates specifically, fit with the Baer Extreme calipers? It has to fit the Brembo's since that's what came on the car as original equipment, so i know it has to be close. Any experience with this or direct answers please, i would like to put some type of kit on when i install my Baers.

I am not sure if this has been answered before, so i figured i would ask here. Does the Ford Racing GT500KR brake cooling kit, the backing plates in specifically, fit with the Baer Extreme calipers? It has to fit the Brembo's since that's what came on the car as original equipment, so i knw it has to be close. Any experience with this or direct answers please, i would like to put some type of kit on when i install my Baers.

NO, the FRPP KR brake ducts do NOT fit with the Shelby Baer big brakes (first hand experience/knowledge). I bought a kit thinking I could modify it to fit and with the stamped backing plates it has, it is impossible to make it fit. But fear not, there is a solution that I found...

I bought a second FRPP Boss 302 brake cooling duct kit, the newer '2nd Gen. now offered by Ford Racing and modified it *slightly* to make it fit. It was a very simple job that entailed trimming down each of the 3 (per side) stand-offs. In other words, they sit slighty too far out from the spindle and hit the rotors until you trim about 1/8" off of them. Then the issue is that the hose is larger than the spigot on the back of the grille. That was modified with a short length of clear vinyl hose to create a 'adaptor' or sleeve that fits *over* the spigot and *within* the brake duct hose. Then I finished it off with a set of Shelby KR brake cooling duct bezels.

This was all after I was told by all that it won't work. The brake bezels are made for the early Gen. GT500 but with a little patience and a slight off-set of the bezel in relation to the spigot hole, they work perfectly.

HTH,

Phill

Archived