TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 gt 500 body damage

well all I can say is that you shouldn't turn off your traction control.

Oh man. That sucks. I've turned off the traction control once so far, and it scared the :censored: out of me. Haven't worked up the nerve to try it again. Hope your repairs go well. Drive safe.

What you cant see from the pictures is the black swirls along the whole side of the car it appears as if a tire ran down the side part of the damage to the front panel was caused by the tow truck driver as he was strapping down the car. I have the picture at home from when the car was found i will post it later it shows where the car was and how it was pushed up on the curb also the damage to the other side wheel from being pushed up on the curb.

Any one else have access to the keys and car? like your kids? I have been in the auto body repair business for a long time and I have to agree it doesn't look like a side wipe job and it covers too much area to be a back in deal.

I dont know what to say to you i have never been called a liar before would you like the police reports along with the tow truck drivers report as to the damage he caused along with the report from my insurance company along with the report from the body shop or should i just tell you :censored: off

So, was the traction control comment you originally made (see my quote from post #5) just a joke?

I never park on the street in Denver because we have a lot of side swiping incidents. Sorry to hear someone got you. I bet you won't be parking on the street anymore.

Just doesn't add up & all I asked for was additional photos. if you have those you must have more or the at least insurance guy can provide them to you if you don't have any more. If the additional photos I requested indeed show other wise I will make a full blown apology for any accusations here on this thread.

by the way, I have that color same car in my garage & my avatar shows it

I think the point is that he posted here as a "FYI" and you say something to the effect of "I don't believe your story, prove it to me with a detailed report to change my mind." Come on, Coldy? What would YOU do if someone did the same to you? Why start something?

So, was the traction control comment you originally made (see my quote from post #5) just a joke?

I never park on the street in Denver because we have a lot of side swiping incidents. Sorry to hear someone got you. I bet you won't be parking on the street anymore.

I was joking i didnt realize i was starting an international incedent or i woudnt even have posted at all!!!!!!

Wow this has been fun! I wont let my sarcastic sense of humor out around here again! My wife and I were out of town when this happened and no one has access to my keys except me so i guess what happened was some one stole my car wrecked it then parked it back in the same spot only with the front passengers tire on the curb oh they were kind enough to disconect the odometer as not to put any miles on the car. they also were kind enough to lock it back up so no one else could take it out for a joy ride.

I'm all for giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. Regardless of how it happened, it did. His baby is damaged, and we should give him some support in this time of need.

:grouphug:

Uh, yeah. It's not up to any of us to question how or why, particulalry with a CSI-type feel. It's none of our business. The guy is simply sharing info. And whether it's a hit and run, or he ran it through the world's worst car wash, it's simply not anyone's business.

Worse yet....where's the inclusiveness and comeraderie that we SHOULD be projecting?

:redcard:

:finger:

bj

Dear JBlackwood26,

This is my written sincere apology for my accusations & for being a nonbeliever of your story. From an outsider’s point of view, I took it the wrong way based on what little information was given & should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Had I realized that you were out of town several days when this happened & there was no way you could have been around, I would have never doubted your written word. Again please accept this as my sincere apology for doubting you. For what it’s worth, I hope the car gets repaired to your satisfaction as quickly as possible so you can start making more found memories to replace this bad one.

CWHR

Dear JBlackwood26,

This is my written sincere apology for my accusations & for being a nonbeliever of your story. From an outsider’s point of view, I took it the wrong way based on what little information was given & should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Had I realized that you were out of town several days when this happened & there was no way you could have been around, I would have never doubted your written word. Again please accept this as my sincere apology for doubting you. For what it’s worth, I hope the car gets repaired to your satisfaction as quickly as possible so you can start making more found memories to replace this bad one.

CWHR

I wish there was an emoticon for "stand up guy". I would point and click it for you CWHR.

bj

From the first photo, the wheelhouse looks like it was hit straight on by a truck bumper. It is probably from someone backing out of a driveway. JMO.

From the photos of the work in progress, they are really doing a nice job. Looks like every precaution has been taken to eliminate tape edges.

car is in body shop getting repaired all parts are being replaced no bondo or repairs allowed!

jblackwood26, that is an absolute bummer. I feel for you man. I still get nervous whenever I leave my car in public and this just sickens me that the person didn't at least have the decency to fess up to it.

Best of luck with the repairs my man.

Archived