TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coming To This Site Sure Has Lost It's Luster 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...great analysis my friend..........and nothing will ever match the fun and games of the early games.......we did indeed have a blast. And now the ol' BadCat can't even post here without having the posts wiped out.....what have we come too??? LOL

John, having our original cars from the first release in 2007-2009 is pretty special. The memories of all that went on is priceless and every time I drive my car, I remember some of them.

Boris,

We just want to keep things appropriate so when your daughter sees your posts here she not embarrassed by what her dad or his friends have to say. Some day you may be handing the convert keys over to her :) ( she won't want to sit in the back seat for much longer ) .Who knows maybe she will want to be a part of Team Shelby.

OK,

Attitude change.

I love this forum, everyone on it and everything about it.

As for begging for attention. I drive a GT500 KR, I don't need to beg. :)

Again...just a bit tightly wound some of you are. (That's my Yoda impression).

Cherry Kool aid please.

AK.

OK,

Attitude change.

I love this forum, everyone on it and everything about it.

As for begging for attention. I drive a GT500 KR, I don't need to beg. :)

Again...just a bit tightly wound some of you are. (That's my Yoda impression).

Cherry Kool aid please.

AK.

:victory:

:rating: - Attention Baby Boomers

Since this thread has moved over to somewhat of a positive note talking trash about Kool-Aid flavors. Any of you TS Members remember the formula for making purple passion in college for a party. I remember we started with an empty washed Clorox White Plastic Container the bigger the better, we added grape juice or grape Kool-Aid, maraschino cherries, slices of orange, vodka, gin, and about anything else we could poor in. The use of the cherries as I remember in theory was to soak up the alcohol at the bottom of the bottle.

Your formula may have been different and yea we never aged it, usually consumed within about an hour of preparation.

Regards GG

happy anniversary

We were into using a beer bong. 32 oz funnel with 3 feet of pool hose attached to it. I could bong the 32 oz in about 4 seconds.

Happy anniversary Rob !

We were more sophisticated. My friend's dad had a restaurant supply company so he borrowed a chicken pressure cooker (it used oil) and we did Harvey Wallbangers.

As they say:

Oh my friend we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same

Boomer? My parents yes. Tail end of Gen X for me. 80's metal hair bands and into 90's grunge. Loved it. Beverage of choice back then was MGD (Miller Genuine Draft) which is still not a bad beer. Today its craft beer and mainly milk stouts.

Since this thread has moved over to somewhat of a positive note talking trash about Kool-Aid flavors. Any of you TS Members remember the formula for making purple passion in college for a party. I remember we started with an empty washed Clorox White Plastic Container the bigger the better, we added grape juice or grape Kool-Aid, maraschino cherries, slices of orange, vodka, gin, and about anything else we could poor in. The use of the cherries as I remember in theory was to soak up the alcohol at the bottom of the bottle.

Your formula may have been different and yea we never aged it, usually consumed within about an hour of preparation.

Regards GG

We did "Trash Can" Parties. You buy a new large Metal Trash Can, wash it real good, add 10 Gallons of Grape and Cranberry Juice then everyone brings a Bottle of Gin, Rum or Vodka to pour into the Trash Can until it was filled. THEN, the Party began.

Regards GG

Sounds almost like what we did in college, except... We used grain alcohol! :runaway:

While some of us are traveling down memory lane from the college days, did anyone buy a fine bottle of MD 20-20 and listen to Iron Butterfly and Black Sabbath ?? GG

COLLEGE DAYS?..........Dude, try HIGH SCHOOL DAYS................ and Iron Butterfly and Black Sabbath couldn't hold a candle to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, cranked up as loud as it could go.

My apologies for for referring to TS members as "stoic" when I should have referred to you as "drunks!"

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. :)

I was never much of a drinker, but back in "86" during the first six months I was stationed at my Army unit I spent $5K on nothing but liquor. me and my buddies drank a whole lot of long island ice teas.

Thanks for the memories.

AK.

My apologies for for referring to TS members as "stoic" when I should have referred to you as "drunks!"

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. :)

I was never much of a drinker, but back in "86" during the first six months I was stationed at my Army unit I spent $5K on nothing but liquor. me and my buddies drank a whole lot of long island ice teas.

Thanks for the memories.

AK.

I don't drink myself......but it sure was fun going to all the High School Parties and watching all them act the way they did when they got drunk.

COLLEGE DAYS?..........Dude, try HIGH SCHOOL DAYS................ and Iron Butterfly and Black Sabbath couldn't hold a candle to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, cranked up as loud as it could go.

I was 18 in the fall of 1970 when I was in my senior year of high school. That was when the drinking age was lowered to 18. A group of us left school for the local pub... All legal and everything.

In college I drove a few trips from Iowa to Kansas to get Coors. They wouldn't ship it to Iowa or Nebraska (and a bunch of other states, I think Kansas may have been as far east as they went). Anyway, looking back I don't know why - the original Coors was the original light beer, and Coors Light is like waving a piece of Hops in the same county. Anyway, it's the forbidden fruit syndrome I guess.

While some of us are traveling down memory lane from the college days, did anyone buy a fine bottle of MD 20-20 and listen to Iron Butterfly and Black Sabbath ?? GG

How about Uriah Heep, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Deep Purple, Lou Reed, YES, WHO... rock on!

I don't drink myself......but it sure was fun going to all the High School Parties and watching all them act the way they did when they got drunk.

tes - you're like me - we used to put wax down on the kitchen floor and watch the drunk people slip and slide all over.

I heard there was a Troll around .

Quiet - they're trying to blend in- no trolls here - right folks ?

Archived