TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A H H H H, The Good Ol'e Days................

.............and they are still going strong.........Wish I could check it out some day. I may have to put Downey, California on my Bucket List JUST for this.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/the-oldest-operating-mcdonalds-in-the-country-93107756477.html

We have a local DQ that dates back to the early '60's that serves ice cream products and hot dogs only.....best chili dogs in the world! No inside seating, no "chill & grill". Just genuine DQ basics!

In my own back yard and I've never been there..........going to have to change that.

Heck I was in your back yard Dan had I have known this I would have checked this out..will do next time for sure!! love these old original places.

The size or menu at the venue doesn't matter to me. We've got a cruise-in every Saturday at 4 different "joints" - including a DQ Chill & Grill. What matters is the people and cars that come. I'm constantly reminded of how it was back in the '60's!

post-4913-0-15810900-1406839696_thumb.jpg

In my own back yard and I've never been there..........going to have to change that.

I lived in Venice during the early to mid 60's and my aunt lived in Whittier so we hit Downy quite a bit. I don't remember going to the Downy Mickey D's but there was another old one (perhaps one of the first few ever built) right by the Venice (Muni) pier...Whatever the street is that runs into the pier and about Speedway Blvd.

I can remember going there with a friend and buying a hamburger for 15 cents. MAN, we were in heaven. We were dirt poor so a real (we though at the time!) honest to goodness burger for a dime and a half! <lol>

I wonder if that one is still there. It would be right near where the kid just got killed in the lightening strike the other day.

Phill

Yeah, I have been to that Mickey D's in Downey. A great trip down memory lane.....

Remember when McDonalds first opened, and getting the "All American" meal for 50 cents. Burger, Fries, and a Shake.........

Archived