TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Dyno With Kb 2.8Lc, Id 1000's, 168Mm Tb

Went to the Dyno yesterday here are the SAE # 673 HP 647 Smoothing of 5.

Thats about 780 /751 at the crank . It was a hot day 93+ humid, and the knock sensor had activity while in boost, ran 93 with a can of torco to rule out poor fuel. I was expecting close to 700, but not going to get hung up on the number .

post-26299-0-70986800-1406319155_thumb.jpg

That seems a bit off with that caliber of mods. Supposedly, VMP tuning stage 1 package puts down 660rwhp and 667tq with nothing more than a tune and an frpp resonator delete on 93octane. Yet to confirm this but Jason is pretty legit.

Who did your tuning? Perhaps a remote dyno tuning session would yield a superior result.

Http://vmptuning.com/images/products/secondary/13gt500stage1-2.jpg

Lund Jr, He said they the same, not a bunch of difference between the two. The TVS is a bad to the bone blower. KB web site states that I should have seen 730 rwhp @ 17psi of boost Boost was 17psi with a spike to 19psi @ 6700 with the AFR @ 10.9 to 11.1 Where's the extra 57 hp??? could have been the false knock pulling timing and the not so ideal temps here in fla. I'm sure the tune is spot on as he's one of the best in the country.

I may take it to another dyno shop to reconfirm the RWHP.

I don't think the KB 2.8L LC supercharger can get you 750RWHP at around 18psi boost. At least I have NOT seems anyone claim that EXCEPT KB.

The KB 3.6L LC will definitely get you that at 17psi boost.

Van at Raven Racing have the 25% off on the KB 2.8L LC for a while. I was thinking about that too. But I decided NOT to because it's true that the KB 2.8L is a LC supercharger. But it does not make lot more RWHP than the modify TVS. Than what's the point of do this than. If I want to switch to KB, it has to be a 3.6L LC. An I know it will requires a aftermarket hood.

Alibi, I didn't do a baseline your 14was 585 stock? , and I'm at 673. that a 80 hp diff, Jon JR says sometime's the dyno's are greedy on the numbers esp with the hot conditions here in florida. That being said if you do the math, Kenne Bell advertise's' 730HP@ 17psi ...is that rwhp or at the crank??? and if thats the case then I'm right there at 780-794 depending on what formula you use for drivetrain loss.

Car feels like its a rocket ship compared to stock.

673 x 1.16 = 780 or Im 57 HP shy of the advertised 730Hp

My 2014 baseline dyno was 535hp, very hot day here in FL so I'm sure there was a loss from heat soak, just don't know how much. After installing a 2.4 pulley/130mm CAI/177mm monoblade the car made 656hp and also a hot day so I'm sure it would be more on a cool morning. It really screams so I can't complain lol. I will definitely have to do some cooling upgrades.

Alibi, I didn't do a baseline your 14was 585 stock? , and I'm at 673. that a 80 hp diff, Jon JR says sometime's the dyno's are greedy on the numbers esp with the hot conditions here in florida. That being said if you do the math, Kenne Bell advertise's' 730HP@ 17psi ...is that rwhp or at the crank??? and if thats the case then I'm right there at 780-794 depending on what formula you use for drivetrain loss.

Car feels like its a rocket ship compared to stock.

673 x 1.16 = 780 or Im 57 HP shy of the advertised 730Hp

Normally, hp #'s that you see in print or on tv are " crank " numbers. Warm humid weather will cost you hp, tq, & boost.

On a rare occasion, you see wheel numbers, it will state ####rwhp.

My 14 lost 12 % to the drivetrain........................112 % of 673 would put you @ 753 crank. ( Kenne Bell advertise's' 730HP@ 17psi )

I put a FRPP 750 kit on my 2011, it netted me 656rwhp.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2014 baseline dyno was 535hp, very hot day here in FL so I'm sure there was a loss from heat soak, just don't know how much. After installing a 2.4 pulley/130mm CAI/177mm monoblade the car made 656hp and also a hot day so I'm sure it would be more on a cool morning. It really screams so I can't complain lol. I will definitely have to do some cooling upgrades.

The baseline on my 14 w/a resonator delete @60 F was 611 rwhp & 590 rwtq @6800 r's

The baseline on my 14 w/a resonator delete @60 F was 611 rwhp & 590 rwtq @6800 r's

Cooler temp will def help. Mine was done with temp in the high 90's with very high humidity

Mine baseline stock dyno'd 582/599 at 96 degrees in the summer, 30-40% humidity, around 1200ft alt.

Something sounds off...

I wouldn't worry too much about it, those are good numbers considering the drive train power loss. Put a 2.4 pulley/cai/TB on it and you'll enjoy it even more lol

I don't think the KB 2.8L LC supercharger can get you 750RWHP at around 18psi boost. At least I have NOT seems anyone claim that EXCEPT KB.

The KB 3.6L LC will definitely get you that at 17psi boost.

Van at Raven Racing have the 25% off on the KB 2.8L LC for a while. I was thinking about that too. But I decided NOT to because it's true that the KB 2.8L is a LC supercharger. But it does not make lot more RWHP than the modify TVS. Than what's the point of do this than. If I want to switch to KB, it has to be a 3.6L LC. An I know it will requires a aftermarket hood.

No. This is incorrect. I have the 3.6 and I didnt do the aftermarket hood. I did the engine lowering kit and it cleared.

• 1 month later...

PullyMamoth just curious.. did you do the K member as well...? If not did you measure your clearance between the front part of the Sc and hood with putty and if so what kind of clearance are you getting? Also did you measure pinion angle with the 3/4 inch lowering mount?

Archived