TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby Gt500 "carbon Edition" 1Of1

Perfect example of when owner modifications cross the line and owner modified car is represented as a Shelby American Product, not cool.

Below is an owner modified 2008 Shelby GT500 being represented as a SAI built "Carbon Edition" model. For future reference the VIN is 1ZVHT88S185160897

Check out the badging....................

http://www.stadiumautotexas.com/Used-2008-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Arlington-TX/vd/21390167

2008 GT500 Carbon Edition.jpg

2008 GT500 Carbon Edition3.jpg

Decent polish and tons of lighting. If you had a booth in your garage specifically designed for photographing vehicles with an abundance of flourescent lights, you could get similar results.

Perfect example of when owner modifications cross the line and owner modified car is represented as a Shelby American Product, not cool.

I have that same exact plaque (second thumbnail photo you attached) and I bought it on e-bay along with a CSM# plaque.

It's a FAKE.
Phill

I have that same exact plaque (second thumbnail photo you attached) and I bought it on e-bay along with a CSM# plaque.

It's a FAKE.
Phill

Licensing must have missed that one or it would have been shut down. Those plaques are 100% illegal and do nothing except harm the values of current authentic Shelby's.

If anyone see's those fake SAI Vegas plaques please let me, GaryP or GaryD know about it so that we can have Licensing intervene.

Thank you

Steve

Licensing must have missed that one or it would have been shut down. Those plaques are 100% illegal and do nothing except harm the values of current authentic Shelby's.

If anyone see's those fake SAI Vegas plaques please let me, GaryP or GaryD know about it so that we can have Licensing intervene.

Thank you

Steve

I reported it to Robert at the time.

I bought the one pictured and a CSM# plaque.

I have them in a box, could take a photo to show you if you wish.

Phill

Archived