TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My New Shelby Gt500 Build

Hey guys. Just joined. I've been lurking for a few weeks. So far this forum is great. I recently traded my Roush 6.2 F150 for a 13 gt500. I'm starting my build Aug 5th and I thought id share my build with you and keep you updated. I'm open to all comments and advice. Doing a Kenne Bell 3.6 blower swap, triple pass heat exchanger, engine lowering kit ( didn't want to swap hoods), kooks long tubes, x-pipe, toyo r888, vent boost gauge, and custom tune. I plan on building the motor later this year. I'll continue to keep this post updated. Thanks.

Hey guys. Just joined. I've been lurking for a few weeks. So far this forum is great. I recently traded my Roush 6.2 F150 for a 13 gt500. I'm starting my build Aug 5th and I thought id share my build with you and keep you updated. I'm open to all comments and advice. Doing a Kenne Bell 3.6 blower swap, triple pass heat exchanger, engine lowering kit ( didn't want to swap hoods), kooks long tubes, x-pipe, toyo r888, vent boost gauge, and custom tune. I plan on building the motor later this year. I'll continue to keep this post updated. Thanks.

Have fun, I know you will.

Watch out. It's (modding) addicting.

Look at my sig for proof.

Phill

Welcome to TS.

Your GT500 has a great color combination and a great set of future modifications! Can't wait to see some dyno numbers too......

Thanks! I'll capture the dyno on my gopro and post when I get it back. It should be Aug 7th or 8th.

Wow haha. I hope to have a list half that long one day!

You will. Mods are like Tattoo's. You can't get just one.

Phill

Sounds good. What kind of fuel are you planning to run and boost level? If you start getting in the 850+rwhp range, note that you're getting to the limits on the stock I-beam rods, although you have mentioned another motor build on it's way. Have you also thought about cams, such as L&M?

Good luck.

Archived