TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recaro Seat Trade

Looking to trade my Recaro seats for standard seats. My car has solid black.I have back trouble and the Recaros are just too hard to get in and out of. My seats are perfect 2000 mile vehicle. I live in The west Georgia area. Would like seats plus$ to trade...or if I could find std seats to purchase and I!ll keep the Recaros since car came new that way.

Looking to trade my Recaro seats for standard seats. My car has solid black.I have back trouble and the Recaros are just too hard to get in and out of. My seats are perfect 2000 mile vehicle. I live in The west Georgia area. Would like seats plus$ to trade...or if I could find std seats to purchase and I!ll keep the Recaros since car came new that way.

Don't have seats for you.......but I'm in Carrollton

Welcome to the forum...........Good to see more Shelby's in the area

Shelbydad13- I've got a 2014 with the Recaros and last summer I started getting some low back pain while driving that I was starting to blame on the Recaros. After doing some research I ordered a clutch pedal extension and started some treatment with a local chiropracter in Feb while the Shelby was parked. Of course the Chiro found some random issues, including one hip/side higher (now wallets in front too) and he gave me some basic low back stretches to do 2x day (6 min each time) and I've been pain free all summer with the stretches/treatment and clutch pedal extension. I'm an otherwise relatively fit 45 yr old, 5'9" 150lbs that exercises 4-5 times a week. I think the seats merely brought out an issue that was already there and the good news is I'm taking care of it and being proactive on my back exercises as I don't want to end up one of those guys at 50 that can't do stuff!

I hunted hard to find my standard seats I agree too it might be fixed another way.a good auto upholstery shop should be able to add lumbar support so you could keep the seats.I bought my car at Sandy springs Ford the sales guy Finn said they used a local shop to modify the recaros. Give him a call. And tell him Bob said to call him.if he's not there check with Jonathan in service.

Ps. Was just thinking a trade makes more sense. Are you sure the stAndard seat will work. It took me 3months to get used to mine but its great now. Good luck. For an interesting viewpoint on back pain do a search on Dr John sarno or tms

I don't mind the Recaros once I get in them.I have a hard time getting in and out of them due to the high seat bolsters. I Wanted a car with std seats but got a realy good deal on this car early last year. I want solid black seats as nice as mine..hopefully out of another 13 or 14 model.,I hope everything would be a direct swap..not sure if swap will trip the air bag light etc..if anybody knows of any issues please post..

• 3 weeks later...

Is this offer still available?

I don't think the leather covers are the same..also not sure about the airbag combatability. Would like to find someone with a 13 or 14 model to trade with..thanks

No problem. If you end up just buying a set I'd be interested in buying your recaros.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived