TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hyperstangs Ss / 1000 Wheels

Puddychucks

There are several generic versions that work with the wheels, we've used both the strap-type and the second hole versions. The short sensor would be located in the back hole, behind the spokes.

Jeff

There are several generic versions that work with the wheels, we've used both the strap-type and the second hole versions. The short sensor would be located in the back hole, behind the spokes.

Jeff

Jeff do you sell them or can you give me a link where to buy them I just dont want any issues with my car

Tom,

Did you get sensors that work yet? If so what did you buy as Im in the same situation for sensors and tires I called Shelby but they didnt really know I was told a short sensor

I was able to get it figured out.

Dorman makes a sensor that comes in two pieces. The actual sensor and the valve stem screws to the sensor. So, it is two piece. I bought mine off ebay new.

Dorman # 974-066. You could probably just run these, but the valve stem will stick up.

If you want the Shelby look, you have to order the short sensor advertised in the store. To me, the description is incorrect. It is merely a mounting stud. There is no provision to add air. It is very short and doesn't stick up at all past the edge of the rim.

I am sure there are other solutions, but this is how Shelby sets them up in-house.

Tom

• 9 months later...

WARNING

These rims were designed for the 13-14 SS package. If you run them with the Ford OEM Brembo front calipers, they are VERY close, and in my case rubbed on the driver's side lower portion of the caliper. Part of the SS package includes Wilwood brakes front and rear, so they have adequate clearance. I had to get 3mm spacers on the front.

Tom

WARNING

These rims were designed for the 13-14 SS package. If you run them with the Ford OEM Brembo front calipers, they are VERY close, and in my case rubbed on the driver's side lower portion of the caliper. Part of the SS package includes Wilwood brakes front and rear, so they have adequate clearance. I had to get 3mm spacers on the front.

Tom

Tom, not sure why you would need any shims. We've run these on cars since 2012 and not one required any modifications. Did you buy them from us? We have our own specs. I don't show you in the system.

• 4 weeks later...

Tom, not sure why you would need any shims. We've run these on cars since 2012 and not one required any modifications. Did you buy them from us? We have our own specs. I don't show you in the system.

I apologize for not being clear in my post.

The rims may rub if you have the Super Snake Rims as specd by SAI and the OEM 6 piston Brembo calipers.

I have no idea if your rims would rub with your specifications. I did not purchase these rims from you. They were purchased through the Shelby ebay Store as Super Snake take-offs.

Tom

Archived