TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hyperstangs Ss / 1000 Wheels

Puddychucks

For anyone who doesn't know - HyperStangs is offering Shelby SS and Shelby 1000 / Non-SS Widebody style wheels.

I purchased a set of brushed aluminum clear SS wheels from Jeff.

Same brushed wheels that come on the '13/'14 Super Snakes. Same manufacturer, same cast - just doesn't have 'Shelby' stamped on the wheels.

These wheels are AWESOME. Pictures don't do them justice.

Jeff was helpful all the way through answering my never ending questions / concerns.

post-42461-0-28491700-1405876821_thumb.jpg

post-42461-0-98428700-1405876821_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, they will fit any GT500 or any Mustang for that mater... they are built for the car. People do run 315's, I don't recommend it. I have 305's on mine.

I found a set of these also, they are cool! They have a directional tilt to the spokes. The 265 front 285 rear appear to fit these wheels nicely, with some room for a wider tire if desired.........

0064_zps612f3b9a.jpg

^^^^^^^The lack of a valve stem appearing on the outer surface of the wheel lip gives a nice clean look.

013_zps9a5aedd6.jpg

^^^^^^^Here is a view for tire size and rim width comparison.

R

Hope you got a good $$$ deal on them as they are very expensive otherwise.

They weren't a "good deal", but they are correct original with no dings or scratches anywhere, so they will sell well in the future as long I take care of them. I don't remember exactly, but I think I paid $4500 for this complete assembled set with center caps, TPMS and tires, and then I had to add $75 for proper/protected shipping with insurance for each wheel. When I see the price of correct Super Snake Alcoa's, that were made for a much longer run than these Hyperstangs, I don't think I paid an over the top for these?

These Hyperstangs are now the production installed wheel for all Super Snakes 2007-2014, after the Alcoa's.

R

Our wheels are actually made by the exact same company to the exact same specs and never in runs. Each is a special order and can be wider or narrower to outr customers order. The ONLY difference is the center cap.

Our wheels are actually made by the exact same company to the exact same specs and never in runs. Each is a special order and can be wider or narrower to outr customers order. The ONLY difference is the center cap.

Are custom center caps available for example and svt or cobra logo?

I found a set of these also, they are cool! They have a directional tilt to the spokes. The 265 front 285 rear appear to fit these wheels nicely, with some room for a wider tire if desired.........

0064_zps612f3b9a.jpg

^^^^^^^The lack of a valve stem appearing on the outer surface of the wheel lip gives a nice clean look.

013_zps9a5aedd6.jpg

R

I'm assuming the valve stem is on the inside

Custom center caps are available with anything which will not infringe on a copyright. Yes, they have two points where either stem caps and tpms can be mounted.

I'm assuming the valve stem is on the inside

Yes................

004_zpsbb64b1e7.jpg

^^^^^In the picture above, the TPMS is at the 12:00 position and the valve stem is at the 6:00 position.

Note the short metal bolt together valve stem, for caliper clearance, but also positioned in a way that it can be accessed between spokes for air pressure checking and adjustments.

R

0064_zps612f3b9a.jpg

013_zps9a5aedd6.jpg

R

I want to correct something from my post above.

Above I stated that the tires were 265 front and 285 rear..................they are actually 255 front and 295 rear.

Also, I have looked at the Shelby 1000 wheels and they do not look like these Super Snake wheels.

R

• 11 months later...

Yes, just contact me directly. We've been so busy with our allocation of GT350's its been difficult to divert time to the website. HyperStangs@Rich-Ford.com.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a set of these SS rims through the ebay store. As stated by OP, these rims are so much nicer in person than the photos show. The rims were advertised as take-offs but they were brand new. My guess is Shelby is getting rid of excess inventory. They also had a black set on ebay as well. The rims are 20x9 and 20x11 and a true three piece design. CS center caps were included. I ended up paying $3,650 to my door.

Robert, thanks for posting the tire sizes your rims came with. I have a set of 275 and 315 Invo I am going to try. Fronts will be no problem. I hope the rear fit. Car is stock height 2014 with PP.

These rims came with the short valve stem you mentioned by the spokes. However, the TPMS by the inner bead is not present, just the hole. Does the TPMS look like a OEM unit for a 14 model? Does it have a provision to add air to the rim? Trying to figure out what I need for the TPMS.

Also, do any of you have a recommendation for locking lug nuts? I have the OEM that came with my car, but is there something better out there since these rims cost a good chunk of change.

Thanks, Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Update: According to Shelby these are actually take-offs that were sent back to the manufacturer and refurbished. They did an amazing job!

Robert, the 295s on your rims, are they 101Y or 105Y and are they K1 or N0?

Thanks, Tom

I just bought a set of these SS rims through the ebay store. As stated by OP, these rims are so much nicer in person than the photos show. The rims were advertised as take-offs but they were brand new. My guess is Shelby is getting rid of excess inventory. They also had a black set on ebay as well. The rims are 20x9 and 20x11 and a true three piece design. CS center caps were included. I ended up paying $3,650 to my door.

Robert, thanks for posting the tire sizes your rims came with. I have a set of 275 and 315 Invo I am going to try. Fronts will be no problem. I hope the rear fit. Car is stock height 2014 with PP.

These rims came with the short valve stem you mentioned by the spokes. However, the TPMS by the inner bead is not present, just the hole. Does the TPMS look like a OEM unit for a 14 model? Does it have a provision to add air to the rim? Trying to figure out what I need for the TPMS.

Also, do any of you have a recommendation for locking lug nuts? I have the OEM that came with my car, but is there something better out there since these rims cost a good chunk of change.

Thanks, Tom

Tom - The rims and tires are stored on a shelf right now so I can't get a closer look at the tires. The only rear side picture I have is shown below. The TPMS is at the 12 o'clock position or 180 degrees from the valve stem.

004_zpsbb64b1e7.jpg

^^^^The TPMS sensor is mounted to the end of what appears to be an original TPMS valve stem that was cut short and plugged. <<It's only purpose is to hold the TPMS inside the rim with no fill capability.

As for lug nuts, I mounted one front 9" tire/wheel on my car with the oem lug nuts, they worked well and the oem lock type nuts could also be used...........

010_zpsc95c595b.jpg

^^^^^^^I think this is when I still had the 14" Baer's on the front. Since this picture I have upgraded to 15".

R

Thanks, Tom

Tom - I came across this................

http://www.shelbystore.com/Wheel-Sensor-p/shorttpms.htm

^^^^I am not really sure what I am looking at? but from the description, this is an actual TPMS sensor and not just the stem. If that is the case, this could go in that rear hole? and use the short bolt together steel stem as I showed in my picture above?

One question I do have...........these say 2011-2014, I believe the MHz for the newer sensors is different from the 2007-2010, so these newer sensors may not work with the older TPMS system?

R

Archived