TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz T-Shirt

dan206

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought it was kinda cool...that's it. I'll be more careful sharing next time. Eight years after the launching of the GT-H, I haven't found that much available honoring the GT-H program...T-shirt wise or anything wise, really. I'm a new, enthusiastic GT-H owner.

Thought it was kinda cool...that's it. I'll be more careful sharing next time. Eight years after the launching of the GT-H, I haven't found that much available honoring the GT-H program...T-shirt wise or anything wise, really. I'm a new, enthusiastic GT-H owner.

No worries on sharing. I have a similar T-shirt that I wear on occasion just to sport HERTZ. Enjoy the GT-H.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like the store to see if they can order some nice 'bowling' type shirts for the GT-H - black, light weight, short sleeved, with the gold rocker stripe running down the right side of the front. Would anyone be interested in something like that? If enough interest maybe SPP can look into it.

I'd like the store to see if they can order some nice 'bowling' type shirts for the GT-H - black, light weight, short sleeved, with the gold rocker stripe running down the right side of the front. Would anyone be interested in something like that? If enough interest maybe SPP can look into it.

I would be interested in one.

Not likely. If you look in the SPP store, most of the GT H stuff is discontinued. Not even a t shirt anymore.

To say nothing of the production banner that was being "looked in to" because of the legal issues with the Hertz name. No feedback.

Someone got a beer? I need something to cry into. :baby:

I thought I'd contact Shelby and find out if the Shelby GT-H Rent A Racer T-Shirt could be reissued. I hit the Contact tab and sent the following:

So, as a new Shelby owner...a 2006 Hertz to be exact, I'm having a bit of difficulty spending more money on GT-H stuff! I bought #139 recently and have discovered...sadly, Shelby has limited (discontinued) Hertz swag. I would like to point out that at any given day, at least 25 Hertz cars are for sale (including one of yours, see Barrett-Jackson Reno. ) See this site, it tracks Hertz Shelbys for sale: (http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/78992-25-gt-hs-for-sale-on-various-websites-updated-73014/).

Bottom line: more customers seeking GT-H stuff every day. How much money would it take to reissue the GT-H t-shirt. If you're not the swag guy, please give me the name of who is and I'll get a grass roots effort to get them in gear.

Much to my surprise, I had contacted the CEO and this was his response:

Hello Dan,

I'm the CEO Shelby American and this is first time I've heard of this particular request on the Shelby Hertz memorabilia. Now it's not unusual that the CEO is not included in these types of decision.

What I will do is have the apparel personnel who also are responsible for Shelby Performance Parts investigate any ongoing demand as you reference.

Someone will reply to you next week.

We attempt to manage inventory in a responsible manner but if your request falls into a possibility for SPP and the apparel group to better serve Shelby owners I want to know it.

Personal Regards,

Joe Conway
CEO Shelby American

I wouldn't suggest piling on to Mr. Conway...yet, but I will keep you posted on what I find out.

WOW, I am shocked of the following "this is first time I've heard of this particular request on the Shelby Hertz memorabilia" I know Conway recently took over from Luft but this stuff is discussed frequently by many and shared on the SPP request thread & GT-H threads over the years. That said, good luck and mention the GT-H production banner that was being considered.

• 4 weeks later...

WOW, I am shocked of the following "this is first time I've heard of this particular request on the Shelby Hertz memorabilia" I know Conway recently took over from Luft but this stuff is discussed frequently by many and shared on the SPP request thread & GT-H threads over the years. That said, good luck and mention the GT-H production banner that was being considered.

And please mention the polo shirt too - with gold stripes. :)

UPDATE:

I hadn't heard from the CEO and contacted him again. I then received this e-mail from Ari Kopmar.

I continue to be hopeful...

On another note, I'm going to the Lemay Kirkland Concours today. Gonna check out two of the original 65 GT350 prototypes.

Dan,

Thank you for your emails requesting Shelby to explore into reissuing the Shelby GT-H T-shirt. We will look into the viability of developing merchandise with the Hertz Shelby GT-H logos and determine the best course of action thereafter.

Again thank you for your suggestions and emails.

All the best!

Ari Kopmar

Executive Vice President – Consumer Initiatives

Carroll Shelby International

PH 310-538-2914 ext. 36 / CELL 310-422-2595 / EMAIL akopmar@shelbylicensing.com

• 1 month later...

Update from Ari

Dan,

We have gone through a couple rounds of designs and are honing in on a final look. I am hoping within the next couple weeks we will have a finished product.

Thanks!

Ari Kopmar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That sounds about right. Shelby and Hertz are not on the same page at this time. Maybe one day. I'm glad I have a few of the original yellow GT-H tee shirts.

Tried to send you a PM but it looks like you box is full.

• 1 month later...

Most GT-H stuff is discontinued now. There are still some Hoodies, T-shirts, Camp shirts, decals, pins and key chains. If you call the store, they will check availability of these items. On the website check the OUTLET tab.

An interesting T-shirt note, the T-shirt that was to be the new GT-H shirt got morphed into a 66 GT350H shirt and is already on the to be discontinued list.

http://www.ShelbyStore.com/product-p/sam0046-char.htm

Archived