TEAM SHELBY FORUM

California Emissions Issue

rheller

I am in the process of listing specs with my local Ford Dealer for placing an order on a 2008 GT500. I live in a state that does not require the California Emissions Package, but all surrounding states do require it. The 50 State Emissions is listed as a requirement on the spec sheet. How do we avoid getting the California Emissions Package ordered on my vehicle as I do not want it? Many thanks.

Thanks, shelbydude. I'm not sure of the ramifications, but it appears that the 2008 will satisfy the most stringent state restrictions. I suspect that may mean some sort of additional smog pump under the hood that was not present in many of the 2007 models.

Thanks, shelbydude. I'm not sure of the ramifications, but it appears that the 2008 will satisfy the most stringent state restrictions. I suspect that may mean some sort of additional smog pump under the hood that was not present in many of the 2007 models.

To my knowledge all the 07's were built with 50 state emissions. Mine is and we are not a CA emissions state.

If you look under the hood the sticker says 50 state emissions on all the 07's.

I think Ford started making all mustangs 50 state emissions as standard.

To my knowledge all the 07's were built with 50 state emissions. Mine is and we are not a CA emissions state.

If you look under the hood the sticker says 50 state emissions on all the 07's.

I think Ford started making all mustangs 50 state emissions as standard.

Mine CA car came with a Cat converter but no resignator...go figure

All 2007 and 2008 GT500s are 50 state emmissions complient and certified. The CA emmissions option on the 2007 only results in a certificate of compliance for the state of CA so the car does not have to be smog checked when initially registered. The car is no different, its just a documentation option.

Archived