TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Gt500 Red Candy Black Stripes In The Stable

Radical08

Well, I did it after about a year of debate and searching. I was really on the fence just like when I first was buying a 2010 if I really liked the car look and options. Anyway I found a 2013 Red Candy GT500, Recaro's, Nav, SVT 5 Spoke Silver Wheels, Black Stripes and with a whopping 1065 miles and for $53K out the door. I thought it was a good deal. UPS stand by :shift:

I still have to get pics it has been crappy here in Florida muggy and rain every day but I did get most of the things done I wanted to on the car and test drove it and wow it kicks butt. I'm looking at the VMP stage 3 kit same as on my 2010 GT500 but I think I will wait a bit and get used to it how it is now. Love the Recarros and the only thing that is questionable about the car but it is ok at least for now, is the Shifter. I replaced mine in the 2010 with an MGW and a whole different feel.

Someone said they changed the axle back mufflers in an hours and I looked under there and it looks like 2 hours to be because of the 2 fork hanger to get that muffler out. Any input as my Magnaflow's are going on next week. Thanks

I finally got all the items installed, strut brace, magnaflows, sub to name a couple. Oh by the way that $210 FR Strut Brace is now $599 because they no longer make it. Lucky I found one on Ebay. I also installed the VMP tune with 2.4 pulley now making 17psi boost and holy crap shoot is this thing ecer a beast. At most I may add the 67mm throttle body but that is it for a street car. Some day when I get done with the rubber on these tires I will get new ones, and the way it looks now after this pulley/tune it won't be long. :peelout:

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the FRPP lowering springs and she sits nice and even now and a bit stiffer but not too much. I did get the Raven Racing foglight LEDs put in that are great. So far the shifter is doing ok compared to the 2010 I have so unlike the 2010 the MGW may not go in for a while. I'm looking at installing the Lethal Performance off road H-Pipe no cats like i have on my 2010 and that combined with the Magnaflows should should just as good as my other. I guess next weekend I will take off the complete front bumper so I can install the powder coated grill screen like Shelby installs. That is the best way to make sure it is done right.

I installed the custom car grill and here are my thoughts. It is a pretty good and believe the only one out there for these cars. With our front bumper design there is no easy way to install this perfect so it looks factory up close but it does look good. Now that I did it with the complete front bumper off the car, I can't imagine trying it with it on, that must be a pita not just getting your hands in there but getting anchors on etc so it is sitting in there perfect as can be and secured. You have to get the lower splitter off and the top cover off anyway, so you might as well remove 1 small screw each fender well side and the 2 on top as that is all that is left holding that bumber on anyway. It is simple to pop off, install the screen and then re-install it. I decided to do both lower and upper as I already saw a rock hit mark on the lower HE and if it impacts my IAT, I will consider removing only the lower one. You need to clean and install the anchor squares for the zip ties and use whatever works to really secure those anchors. I used clear 3M RTV all around the 4 edges of it and it is not coming off there now.

Archived