TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR on EBay

Ditto....

Maybe this dealership knows something we don't? They do have 100% positive feedback.

Nothing in the posting really surprises me. I think you will see much of this on a 1,000 unit production vehicle.

I will say one thing - in 15 years, it is going to be very difficult for people purchasing these cars to clearly document what is a real KR unit, what is a 2007 GT500 that's been upgraded to the Super Snake, what is simply a SGT with a blower upgrade, etc. There are so many levels of upgrades you can purchase, Shelby will have to really be on their toes clarifying and documenting the authenticity of each unit "converted".

It may all seem very clear to many of us following this now on a daily basis, but give it a couple decades and there will be some level of confusion at the consumer level.

Just my opinion.

HSURB

I'm more curious as to how this dealer knows for certain they are even getting one and how and where they got any confirmation that only SVT dealers will be the only dealers to get one.

There still has not been any official announcement from Ford as far as how they will allocate this car.

Also, all the SVT dealers that got an extra 07 GT500 just for being SVT have been dropped from getting extra for 08. So I find it hard to believe Ford will give them a KR because they are SVT. Unless Ford is doing this to make up for dropping them on the 08 that entitled them to an extra GT500.....but I find that hard to believe and unlikely.

The other thing in their listing that doesn't make sense is they said once they get the car it will be shipped to SAI to get the 40th package. HUH???? Why would you have the car shipped to the dealer just to ship it right back to SAI again??? The car goes to SAI first to have the KR done. So why wouldn't you just have the 40th done while the car is already there instead of having SAI ship it the dealer just to ship it right back again???

I called the dealer yesterday to find out how they know for certain SVT dealers will get one but the GM handling this car is out until Thursday. I will be looking into it tomorrow and see if I can get the scoop since we have not heard anything from Ford pertaining to allocation on this car.

The other thing in their listing that doesn't make sense is they said once they get the car it will be shipped to SAI to get the 40th package. HUH???? Why would you have the car shipped to the dealer just to ship it right back to SAI again??? The car goes to SAI first to have the KR done. So why wouldn't you just have the 40th done while the car is already there instead of having SAI ship it the dealer just to ship it right back again???

The only thing I figure is that because the car is coming from Ford via SAI, that the "dealer installed package" can't be added until the car has first reached the dealer. But, that doesn't matter anyway since the 40th Anniversary Package is for MY 2007 only. The other thing I noticed was that the car was offered at $100,000 without the 40th Anniversary Package. If the two packages could be combined (which I don't think can happen) why won't you just buy the car and add the 40th package yourself for $11,250 and save twenty grand.

The only thing I figure is that because the car is coming from Ford via SAI, that the "dealer installed package" can't be added until the car has first reached the dealer. But, that doesn't matter anyway since the 40th Anniversary Package is for MY 2007 only. The other thing I noticed was that the car was offered at $100,000 without the 40th Anniversary Package. If the two packages could be combined (which I don't think can happen) why won't you just buy the car and add the 40th package yourself for $11,250 and save twenty grand.

Good point! Unless he meant to say the SS package instead of 40th.

The other thing odd is he mentions about a convertible which I didn't think was available for the KR.

There are several things off here that doesn't add up.

Good point! Unless he meant to say the SS package instead of 40th.

But the photos in the ad are of the 40th Anniversary not the SS. But, maybe he doesn't know the difference.

Now wouldn't that be something, a KR with the SS package added. My head is starting to hurt!

What a crock, no, a super crock. I bet that ad will be pulled off soon.

I'm more curious as to how this dealer knows for certain they are even getting one and how and where they got any confirmation that only SVT dealers will be the only dealers to get one.

There still has not been any official announcement from Ford as far as how they will allocate this car.

Also, all the SVT dealers that got an extra 07 GT500 just for being SVT have been dropped from getting extra for 08. So I find it hard to believe Ford will give them a KR because they are SVT. Unless Ford is doing this to make up for dropping them on the 08 that entitled them to an extra GT500.....but I find that hard to believe and unlikely.

I called the dealer yesterday to find out how they know for certain SVT dealers will get one but the GM handling this car is out until Thursday. I will be looking into it tomorrow and see if I can get the scoop since we have not heard anything from Ford pertaining to allocation on this car.

Maybe he figures if anyone is stupid enough to pay $130,000 (WOW,I could hardly type all those digits) for this car,that he could get any KR from any dealer that does receive one, for alot less, and then sell it for a huge profit at 130k,even with the anniv. pkg. installed! Wow what a crook! Something stinks in Denmark! Heck, for just alittle more I could have a Ford GT,which I would take all day long over this! Greed strikes again! :rolleyes:

What a joke!!! He's just fishing for someone to give him money. Sad but true. I'm glad they pulled the listing. You gotta be careful with Ebay, especially with cars and even more so with a car that is not even available yet!

Ebay always makes me scared. I have heard some horror stories. Some one I talked to ordered a Mustang from over seas that was suppose to be a conv. It came in and was a chopped up coupe.

It is also totally against eBay policies:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

"eBay permits Pre-sale listings only on a limited basis. The seller must guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from a store front listing). The seller must also clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item with a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 30th day from the end date of the listing."

I tell you, we should all start advertising KR's on eBay for $50k - then when the dealer tells you that they are going for $130k (although it got no bids and didn't sell), you can point to the 50k adds and say "no, they're selling at 50k"...

I just went and checked this out. Looks like he already has 100,000 thousand in bids with three bidders so far. He says that this one is going to be signed. Probably brings more money with that saying.

Archived