TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Parking For Dummies, Volume 1

gotoatz

Lesson 1........

If the car you are approaching, is a quarter mile from the store front, and there are 50 spots empty around him, he probably does not want your POS parked up next to his door......sun shield or not....

lowes_zps34534348.jpg

Why do people do that? I'd like to dissect the brain and figure it out.

My guess would be..... Just to be a Dick!

You're lucky GOTOATZ you could have had one on the other side as well.... I always nuzzle up close to the island, that way one side is protected.....

that is until they start cutting the grass.... :banghead:

Happened to me yesterday at lunch. Parked as far away as I could with tons of spaces around me. I come out of the restaurant and an F350 extended cab is parked right beside me with little room for my passenger to get in. Fortunately no door dings.

Lesson 1........

If the car you are approaching, is a quarter mile from the store front, and there are 50 spots empty around him, he probably does not want your POS parked up next to his door......sun shield or not....

I'm fortunate...Well, sort of. I have handicap plates/placard and have some really nice wide spaces reserved for me right up close to the front of most stores (although I'd trade those spiffy cool parking spots for your good back ANY DAY).

UNFORTUNATELY, the hash marked areas on either side of my car is where every freakin' IDIOT puts their empty shopping carts instead of in the cart stall/corral.

My GT500 hasn't been hit with a cart (YET) and my Raptor is too high and has floorboards along the edge but my wife's Focus just got a big nasty run down the side of it from some inconsiderate bastard.

But it *never* fails that SOMEONE is going to put a cart in the empty space next to my vehicle.

And yes, I've parked out in the South 40 (like in your pic) with NO ONE for miles around only to come out and find fucktards parked in the adjacent spaces along side my car or truck (usually the Raptor).

ARRGH!

Phill

oh so true. My Shelby seems to have a built in A-Hole magnet.

Almost ANYTIME I park in the back 40, yep some bastage has to park beside me.

oh so true. My Shelby seems to have a built in A-Hole magnet.

Almost ANYTIME I park in the back 40, yep some bastage has to park beside me.

You ought to have a Ford GT (and I imagine, a Ferrari or Lambo or...). I won't go anywhere I have to park it and if I do my wife stays with the car. Noone has ever tried to park close in an otherwise unoccupied part of the lot if someone is in the car.

I have talked to many of these folks and the most common answer I get is they feel that there car is more protected parked next to a nice car. I shit you not!

HaHaHa!!! I just heard that exact same reply from a little old lady driving a Taurus...Wow!

This is absolutely priceless.....

My buddy has a Bullitt and his wife has a beautiful GHIG 5.0. We were just talking that the "screamer" colors, i.e. Grabber Blue, GHIG, Yellow, seem to attract idiots like a moth to flame.....

Without exaggeration, I have at least one close call a week while driving. I swear the other drivers are like the ole deer in the headlights........

I don't worry about my driving. I worry about those around me. That is with any vehicle. With a car like a GT500 or a FGT (or Ferrari, etc) it's the gawkers that will get you. Ever see someone trying to take a picture while driving?

Yes.....my favorite was a guy in a Mercedes Vert, on the 57 Freeway, fast lane at 70+. Swapped his phone into selfie mode, stuck it up above the windshield, and clicked away. I would have loved a copy of those........Probably would have been the best Grille pics I have....

Lesson 1........

I'm also constantly amazed by the opposite. I can never understand it when I frequently see nice high-dollar cars parked right up front, jammed in with all the POS cars, as if getting the doors banged-up on the nice car isn't even a consideration. For some people a car is just a transportation appliance, regardless of the cost, rarity etc.

Two of the spots at work where I park are on an angle. Great for no car should fit in the yellow don't park lines between them.

Car on passengers side parked a foot away over their line. Smart car, out of province plate, decides to park between my car and the car to the left, in the yellow zone.

Smart car drivers mirror inches from my mirror. Passenger car over the line and inches from my passenger door. Could not get in my GT500 Convertible.

Called parking. Guy came with a tow truck and very carefully removed the pos from beside my car. Said it would cost the prick $175.00 plus taxes to get it back.

Drove the Fusion the rest of the week, parked in different spot. Never saw the Smart car again. :whistling:

I'm fortunate...Well, sort of. I have handicap plates/placard and have some really nice wide spaces reserved for me right up close to the front of most stores (although I'd trade those spiffy cool parking spots for your good back ANY DAY).

UNFORTUNATELY, the hash marked areas on either side of my car is where every freakin' IDIOT puts their empty shopping carts instead of in the cart stall/corral.

My GT500 hasn't been hit with a cart (YET) and my Raptor is too high and has floorboards along the edge but my wife's Focus just got a big nasty run down the side of it from some inconsiderate bastard.

But it *never* fails that SOMEONE is going to put a cart in the empty space next to my vehicle.

And yes, I've parked out in the South 40 (like in your pic) with NO ONE for miles around only to come out and find fucktards parked in the adjacent spaces along side my car or truck (usually the Raptor).

ARRGH!

Phill

I hear ya Phill! My wife also has a placard and the handicapped spots are much bigger works nice, but I always get scared that someone who can't find a handicapped spot will park in the yellow striped zone. I've seen it done thankfully not next to me. I try to avoid parking next to the striped zone if I can. The last handicapped spot usually works best!

I don't worry about my driving. I worry about those around me. That is with any vehicle. With a car like a GT500 or a FGT (or Ferrari, etc) it's the gawkers that will get you. Ever see someone trying to take a picture while driving?

On the way to the Bash in Vegas both this year and last year there were a TON of people taking pics of our conga-line down I-5 -- many of them while driving with no one else in the car. It was both entertaining and moderately scary that they thought it was a good idea to be paying that little attention to the road in front of them (at least the road is utterly straight for the most part).

Lesson 1........

lowes_zps34534348.jpg

I get this too, really torques me off. Plus the fact that most people don't have any respect for other people's cars.

Archived