TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Would You Do?

Sasquatch

Ok, my wife and I are headed to Savannah, GA (about 4 hours from our home in Atlanta) and I am debating on whether or not to take the Shelby. We have a 2008 that we generally drive around town on the weekends (the car has 18,000 miles). The car has rarely seen rain and I usually park about a mile from every store entrance when we take it out. My question is should I continue to let the car sit and constantly be paranoid about it, or take it on our trip and just clean the hell out of it when we return? I am torn but a part of me says I have too much money in this car just to let it sit around and I think would be a blast to take on a trip. Thank you for your opinions on my stupid question...lol.

I drove my '08 GT500 from St. Louis to Charlotte for the Mustang 50th, around 13 hours each way. it has just over 9,xxx miles now. I'm like you and baby the car and was kind of worried about driving it. The weather was terrible coming home, cold and rainy. A buddy drove his '13 Boss 302 and we had a great time especially racing through the mountains. I put it up on ramps and cleaned the hell out of it for a couple days and it was good as new. Don't sweat it, you can clean it back up. Drive it and have fun. BTW, might be a good idea to get a radar detector...

I daily drive my car, even have winter tires on the kr rims. Drive it, you only live once, and I almost had my ticket punched a couple times in the military. Enjoy it, the car is amazing! My car is also a show car, and is highly modified. Drive it and enjoy every moment of it.

Mark

I don't drive mine (not a GT 500 but still a Shelby) as much mainly because of time. That said, road trips are great and even greater in the Shelby. Took mine to the Shelby Bash and Mustang 50th back in April for a week from the Monterey CA area. Forgot how much fun the car was. Enjoy your car & take a trip in it.

My 07 Vert is best at what's it's made for--Grand Touring! We've taken her (from KY) to Williamsburg, VA, Myrtle Beach, SC (3 times), Panama City, FL, and numerous trips to the Great Smoky Mountains. I truly believe you cannot fully appreciate this car until you've taken a road trip or two in it. Gas stops are always a hoot, because someone generally wants to get their pic with the car, or just one of the car--she cruises at freeway speeds (or slightly above) with ease. I love to "dispatch traffic" as my wife calls it--goose it and make them disappear! . She's 7 years old, 48k on the clock, and we've enjoyed every mile.

Try it, you'll like it!

Enjoy!

I would take it on the trip. The memories you'll have driving it are worth a whole lot more than just letting it sit in the garage gathering dust. A lot of these cars just sit only for others to enjoy putting miles on them later when they're sold.

Drive the poor thing. You aren't getting any younger :-). That's what Carroll wanted!

Drive the wheels off of it...

Let your Grandkids have what's left to RESTORE.

WAAAY more FUN in the Long Run!

Thanks for all of the valuable feedback you have provided on my first world problem..lol. All of your post made a lot of since and I will definitely be driving it on the trip. I never have used 6th gear much, but this trip may just break it in. :)

I have taken mine twice from Atlanta to Savannah the past two years, and driven it twice from Atlanta down to Jacksonville, FL to meet up with my wife and kids on vacation at the beach Summer of 2012 and 2013 (didn't have time this Summer). I have the Sirius radio on my SGT, and had plenty of great tunes the whole way each time!! In all four trips, I was solo in the car and had a blast.

To date, I have about 26,300 miles on the car as the original owner, and have loved each and every mile of fun.

Drive it down there with your wife and have a blast...problem is you will probably enjoy it so much you'll want to do it again real soon!

Andy.

PS - Let us know what you think of 6th gear!! LOL!!

I have too much fun driving mine to let her sit in the garage. Every trip we have taken was in the Shelby. It's a shame my wife does not know how to drive a standard. NOT! Take the Shelby and have a blast.

We took off Sunday to drive down to Galveston for the day and eat pizza on the beach. Nothing like a 5 lb. Godfathers pizza. The wife got 6 to go. What a great day . 600 miles in the Shelby. So much fun driving in Galveston and watching people look at our Shelby. Get out and enjoy her.

Drive the poor thing. You aren't getting any younger :-). That's what Carroll wanted!

+++

Drive it you will never know when the doctor will say you can not drive it any more!

60 k on the 07 sng 15k on the 13

Not quite the same from the passenger seat although the wife drives them very well

Archived