TEAM SHELBY FORUM

These Are Ss Splitters. Whatever You May Believe They Are Not Kr Knock Offs

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll kill your whole reply with one statement. SAI represented certain KR components were proprietary and restricted to KR owners.

And they remain so (proprietary and restricted). At least from Shelby American. If FoMoCo sold KR wheels through Ford Racing Performance Products that's not something Shelby American can control.

The wheels & tires that Shelby American sold were restricted to KR owners. You had to show proof of KR ownership before they would sell you a set.

The splitters that Shelby American is selling right now are NOT KR splitters. KR Splitters are true (100%) carbon fiber and produced by Plasan Industries, NOT fiberglass splitters with a carbon fiber outer skin produced by trufiber or Shelby American.

Get your shit right little boy.

Phill

Get your shit right little boy.

Phill

Such hostility. Be careful you might get a warning. :).

Why are we so willing to fight amongst ourselves. What caused all of this anger and mistrust. How did this all begin. :).

And they remain so (proprietary and restricted). At least from Shelby American. If FoMoCo sold KR wheels through Ford Racing Performance Products that's not something Shelby American can control.

The wheels & tires that Shelby American sold were restricted to KR owners. You had to show proof of KR ownership before they would sell you a set.

Phill

Not that is matters Phill but do you know what would happen if a KR owner went to a dealership to get a wheel replaced on warranty? How about where were all the KR wheels stored. Again it doesn't matter it is just the perception.

Edit....Still no one knows which came first? The late model KR or the SS?

The KR is a great design and great car, it will be built in limited numbers at shelby las vegas. the super snake is a kit, its more great stuff from us and ford and it can be bought in the full kit or just the parts. I am also arranging for an east coast authorized shelby installer......

Amy

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/7102-an-even-nastier-version-of-the-2008-shelby-gt500kr-coming/

Here I will make it easy. The KR was first.

This thread certainly continues to take akward turns.... this stuff is getting OLD!

WOW! Has this thread taken a very bad turn for the worse! :stop::stop::stop::stop:

Such hostility. Why are we so willing to fight amongst ourselves.

This is only one of a few threads that I have seen/been a part of lately that are going in the wrong direction. I've made comments which were objective only to be turned around as if I were being argumentative and slammed by others for doing so. It amazes me how some individuals will go to great lengths to make others look bad just to attempt to prove they are right.

To STNGFEVER's point and my original reason for posting in this thread: this is getting OLD. I've had offline conversations with a few members recently and it has been observed by many that hostilities seem to be at an all time high on the Team Shelby forum. I'm not a moderator on this forum, however I have been a moderator in the past on other forums and I can honestly say that these issues are a problem. You run good people away and prevent new ones from becoming participants and then you're left with those who simply want to argue.... and the forum dies a slow death.

IMHO - The drama and bickering needs to stop. Period. The name of the forum is TEAM SHELBY. Not seeing much TEAM in here lately....

This is only one of a few threads that I have seen/been a part of lately that are going in the wrong direction. I've made comments which were objective only to be turned around as if I were being argumentative and slammed by others for doing so. It amazes me how some individuals will go to great lengths to make others look bad just to attempt to prove they are right.

To STNGFEVER's point and my original reason for posting in this thread: this is getting OLD. I've had offline conversations with a few members recently and it has been observed by many that hostilities seem to be at an all time high on the Team Shelby forum. I'm not a moderator on this forum, however I have been a moderator in the past on other forums and I can honestly say that these issues are a problem. You run good people away and prevent new ones from becoming participants and then you're left with those who simply want to argue.... and the forum dies a slow death.

IMHO - The drama and bickering needs to stop. Period. The name of the forum is TEAM SHELBY. Not seeing much TEAM in here lately....

I completely agree but there is a difference between using facts in a discussion and posting untrue comments to try to piss folks off. I am not pointing this at you.. Just a statement

The problem is when someone posts some facts that others don't agree with you will see the hilarious comments post in response. I have posted nothing but facts with healthy dose of sarcasm usually pointed at myself to try to deflate those comments before they can be posted. All our Shelby's are badass cars but facts are facts.

To think I've been saving up to find a KR someday soon. So much hostility, both towards and from KR owners recently.

Well, that won't really stop me; anyone who feels the need to part with the KR because of all of this you know where to find me. :whistling:

I completely agree but there is a difference between using facts in a discussion and posting untrue comments to try to piss folks off. I am not pointing this at you.. Just a statement

I'll go on record for stating I'm the last person who would know what all the facts are so if I happen to make a comment about something that is not factual, it is not for the purpose of pissing someone off and won't be held responsible for how someone who does not know me personally interprets my comments. Furthermore, I'm not pointing fingers either. Just a general observation based upon what seems to be popping up all over the Team Shelby forum in multiple threads.

I'll go on record for stating I'm the last person who would know what all the facts are so if I happen to make a comment about something that is not factual, it is not for the purpose of pissing someone off and won't be held responsible for how someone who does not know me personally interprets my comments. Furthermore, I'm not pointing fingers either. Just a general observation based upon what seems to be popping up all over the Team Shelby forum in multiple threads.

+1

Not that is matters Phill but do you know what would happen if a KR owner went to a dealership to get a wheel replaced on warranty?

Yes. He or she would be laughed out of the dealership for trying to get a '09 covered under warranty. Especially for a WHEEL that was covered for 3 years.

Phill

Yes. He or she would be laughed out of the dealership for trying to get a '09 covered under warranty. Especially for a WHEEL that was covered for 3 years.

Phill

I agree with you 100%. I guess I just assumed everyone would realize I meant while they were still under warranty. Sorry that was completely my fault and I apologize.

So do you know what would have happened? Again it doesn't really matter anymore. There is not a signal restricted part that hasn't been sold or copied. I just thought some would see the humor of a company restricting a part; then making a copy of that part and calling it something else. I guess I was wrong.

Actually the new KR hood design is based on the original '68 KR hood. It was not based on the SS hood.

Exactly.............yes they are "similar" in outward appearance KR and SS, but different.

^^^Thank you for pointing this out. When a person compares the SS hood to the KR hood and calls them the same, or even close to the same it shows their lack of knowledge of these two hoods. The KR hood has much more functionality built into it, where as the SS not as much except for CAI and heat extraction................but yes, they do look "similar" from the top side..........but only "somewhat similar", from that point on they are completely different hoods in design and features.

But back to the splitters.............

10, 15, 20 years from now when a KR or SS is presented as "correct original", having the newer splitter on the older SS will not be correct and will stick out as a sore thumb when being judged or being sold. So yes, if the older style SS splitter is not available (a correct original), and the SS is an earlier car documented by its paperwork, the newer style cooler looking (IMHO) KR splitter will not be correct and in many cases start questions to be asked. <<This is why a correct SS splitter on an earlier car will be of value and not this newer "service replacement", and if the originals are not available, the price will only go up. KR or SS, what is the first item that is usually damaged if the car is used much? the splitter. What part is also damaged with any type of frontal impact..........the splitter. Correct splitters will be of importance (and valuable) on these cars in the future.

^^^This being said, I still like my Plasan mold KR splitter best on my SS, the CF pattern and weave even appears to be correct.

R

**snip**

10, 15, 20 years from now when a KR or SS is presented for being "correct original", having the newer splitter on the older SS will not be correct and will stick out as a sore thumb when being judged or being sold. So yes, if the older style SS splitter is not available (a correct original), and the SS is an earlier car documented by its paperwork, the newer style cooler looking (IMHO) KR splitter will not be correct and in many cases start questions to be asked. <<This is why a correct SS splitter on an earlier car will be of value and not this newer "service replacement", and if the originals are not available, the price will only go up. KR or SS, what is the first item that is usually damaged if the car is used much? the splitter. What part is also damaged with any type of frontal impact..........the splitter. Correct splitters will be of importance (and valuable) on these cars in the future.

^

That's why when I first got the KR, I removed the original splitter and tucked it up on my garage loft.

I replaced it with the plastic splitter from the GT-500 for now. I'll end up getting a carbon fiber "after market" one once I like the price.

Dear Phillip:

Oh, I've got my "shit" right my friend. Enlighten us where SAI told us years ago or at any time FRPP had a stock of KR wheels that were "restricted" over which they had no control. Must have missed that. Please enlighten us. We'd love to know.

Very simple. Don't make promises that can't be kept.

See, thats the problem. Learn the facts first. Facts drive and affect opinion. Not the other way around.

Coming into a sub-forum and peeing in the sub-forum members Cornflakes with "opinion" that is not factually accurate and defending that "opinion" tends to sour "team spirit".

Just an observation.

See, thats the problem. Learn the facts first. Facts drive and affect opinion. Not the other way around.

Coming into a sub-forum and peeing in the sub-forum members Cornflakes with "opinion" that is not factually accurate and defending that "opinion" tends to sour "team spirit".

Just an observation.

I recall SVTTIM pointed out to you that I was actually validating your points..... And that is true in many cases. I've never had an issue with any KR owner or any member on this forum prior to now. You take everything said here as a personal attack and then launch into a barrage of words which exhausts myself and others. You have accused me of peeing in "your" pool, sandbox and cornflakes and stated I have no substance which is an attack of character. Your take is that someone needs to learn all the facts before stepping anywhere close to your precious KR sub-forum and if they don't coincide with your facts or beliefs then they are a barbarian, idiot or whatever names you have come up with thus far. Maybe if you chilled out a bit and actually encouraged discussion to help educate others and welcome them into this sub-forum, misconceptions, misunderstandings, and infighting would occur less (or not occur at all)... and that is not just my observation. Feel free to retort as I'm certain you will, but I won't see it. Mind over matter: I don't mind because you don't matter.

Preferences: Block member: Real One: CLICK!

Buh - bye. :victory:

ViperNC: Gee you were actually validating the facts???? Must have missed that.

The facts don't belong to me. They exist independent of me.

Some guys need to participate in a forum (sorry "thread") were facts aren't allowed to interfere with opinion so as not to cloud their own "reality".

Bye bye.

The KR and the SS were developed concurrently. the prototypes for both are 07s and are 2 digits apart on the VINs. Both are currently sitting side by side in the heritage center.

So...are these original Plasan KR splitters?...or some cheap knock offs?

They say they are newly made so we know they're not Plasans.

Which is what I've been saying all through this thread. NOT KR splitters but KR look-alike splitters.

Phill

Unfortunately, they're not Plasan splitters AND they're not cheap ($ wise).

Relative to the Plasan splitters, they are.

$3500 vs $900.

Phill (Everything is relative).

While the designs are very similar, the SS splitter is made by a different manufacturer using a slightly different technique on laying the carbon fiber. The OEM KR splitters are still the ones that were made for the production cars by the OEM carbon fiber supplier. Shelby (not Ford) owns the design on those. We switched to the KR style splitters for the SS, because it's a better design than the original was. By building the KRs, we found that that splitter was more stable at high speeds than what we had originally on the SS, and was better at taking a beating on the track. We applied the lessons learnt and we are now offering our '07-'09 SS and GT500 owners a better part.

What it boils down to is that if KR owners want the OEM splitters, we have them in stock and they can buy them by calling Brian at 844.283.5750. Can KR owners use the aftermarket SS splitters instead? Absolutely. If I had a KR and was driving the hell out of it, I would be buying the SS splitters because I know I would be going through them fast. As far as the price difference between the 2 parts, it comes down to OEM vs. aftermarket. Any OEM part needs to go through rigorous testing and validation (expensive!), whether you build a 100 cars or a 100,000 cars. We only built 1700 or so KRs, so that cost is not spread across a high number of vehicles.

AJ

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/85449-sais-ebay-store-is-back/?p=1551628

Archived