TEAM SHELBY FORUM

These Are Ss Splitters. Whatever You May Believe They Are Not Kr Knock Offs

We should start a poll. I too would like some knock off 350 parts. One way or another, it seems it will only be a matter of time before they become available. EVERYTHING becomes available eventually from SPP.

So that is at least two people.

I would do a nice black 50th GT350. So that would be a Hood, the molding around the tail lights, and the front and rear bumpers. All the other parts I would just peace together as I found them.

I am not sure how much that would cost but I figure it should be about 1/3 what it cost for the real GT350 parts. I think SPP could have a home run here.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It amazes me how some of you feel the need to come to the KR forum and bash our cars...and now us..."suckers", really? It's apparent to me that you have no life or just a unhappy one perhaps?

If you paid more attention and read some of the other forums you'd realize that these are not original KR splitters, but a close replica. I for one could care less if KR parts are sold on the open market or if someone even decides to clone a KR, not my business. Some of you need to find a better hobby and quit bitching about something that doesn't even concern you.

AK.

Maybe you should become a Team Shelby paying member. Then for sure your have really drank the koolaid. Just saying........

We should start a poll. I too would like some knock off 350 parts. One way or another, it seems it will only be a matter of time before they become available. EVERYTHING becomes available eventually from SPP.

Frank put me on the list for one of those Kay R hoods. I'm still looking brother.

Frank put me on the list for one of those Kay R hoods. I'm still looking brother.

Ha! I'm back to just Joe Average. No more K Ray for me. She's gone. Waiting for the release of GT350 parts. Might build a copy. Life isn't better with a numbered plate. In fact, I think it might be a little worse. Good luck with the hood hunt. Now that the splitters are out, AJ might release a "close copy" of the hood for 900 bucks! That will be one tight lookin vert! Send me a pic!

SAI has to sell parts, they have no other choice if they want to survive. That's why there are no more pre-title SAI vehicles, because Carroll knew the money was in aftermarket parts where his business is free from the restrictions and regulations required for pre-title vehicles.

Agreed. It's the only way they can keep the doors open. So be careful out there before you shell out the $$$ for a number.

Ha! I'm back to just Joe Average. No more K Ray for me. She's gone. Waiting for the release of GT350 parts. Might build a copy. Life isn't better with a numbered plate. In fact, I think it might be a little worse. Good luck with the hood hunt. Now that the splitters are out, AJ might release a "close copy" of the hood for 900 bucks! That will be one tight lookin vert! Send me a pic!

They pretty much already have a copy. The SS hood.

Become a paying member!! Ha, ha, ha, ha. I bet the benefits are just great.

Since joining this forum I've become so depressed that I've decided to sell the KR and go for a Hellcat. I bet those Dodge guys never argue. :)

AK...I mean HC.

Yeah those Hellcat guys will be the best of buds until Dodge comes out with a Hellcat TA. Then the measuring sticks will come out just like we have here.

Did you see the video of it running 10.85. Very nice.

IMHO - it is none of anyone's business how SPP chooses to conduct business and airing out opinions on this forum about how people disagree with their business decisions is getting old.... In addition, I don't get why KR owners feel so wronged about a part that is being sold on the open market which is basically a 5 + year old part sitting on a shelf with a very limited market to sell to. How is this harming you personally in any way? Does it diminish the value of your car? NO. Does it lessen the pedigree of the KR? NO. They obviously have enough of these splitters that have been sitting around that a decision to unload some old stock was made. If you honestly believe they would hold a stock of KR parts forever in case something happens to your car, consider the business model. That makes no business sense whatsoever. :club:

I realize my opinion doesn't mean much and normally I would empathize more with the KR owner's plight, but after a recent disappointment in the KR forum where I was attempting to have an objective conversation about the differences between the KR and the stock GT500 and I was met with unprecedented egos and closed minded responses...... I really don't give a crap. If you want control of all the remaining KR parts, buy them up and sell them yourself. Otherwise consider this a deep discount on what you state was a $3000 part. Happy shopping. :spend:

Lets debunk your continued non-sense:

1. To the extext we are/were customers of SAI that spent considerable sums buying a car they manufactured and are the manufacture of record (KR) and representations were made by the manufacturer that certain parts of the car we purchased were to be kept proprietary it is our business how SAI conducts it's business to that extent. Their representations were not limited in time or to a number of years. They either honor their representations or they don't.

2. You can't seem to grasp the concept of 'FACT vs. OPINION. That SAI made representations that there were certain KR parts that were proprietary to the KR and limited to the KR is fact,. When those protected parts all of a sudden appear on the market for everyone to buy KR owner's disgust with this based breach of this factual representation and not "opinion" that they should not be sold to the public is understandable. Doesn't matter how long the parts are on the self. If they want to get rid of the parts at least give KR owners first crack at a discounted rate. They could have handled this issue much better. Tells me they don't care what we think or how we feel. Basically they say one thing and do whatever the hell they want. Also, you don't find something basically wrong selling a KR restricted part trying to disguise it as a SS part? Its wrong on a number of levels.

3. It's no surprise you don't get why KR owners are "upset" about KR restricted parts being sold on the open market. First when a company makes a promise or representation surrounding ownership of a car they built and marketed and if the representation is breached that would tend to upset those who relied on it. Second, as the parts are limited correct that means they are limited in number, no? That means when they are sold off there are none left for those guys that own genuine KRs. What are we supposed to do when the parts are gone? Put on SS parts?

4. Does the sale of restricted parts diminish the value of KRs? Likely not. In fact, it may increase the values oddly enough as when the restricted parts are gone those cars with all the original restricted parts will be worth even more. Plus cloning is the sincerest form of flattery so when a real KR shows up it will be that much cooler!

5. So you are disappointed in the KR forum? Why are you still here? You don't even own a KR. Also as your disappointment is due your inability to peddle your BS "opinions" that directly conflict with actual facts in an effort to elevate the pedigree of standard GT500's to that of a KR. You also claim that due to some "egos" you now you don't give a crap so you don't empathize with the plight of KR owners? LOL. More horse manure from you. The owners here on this forum participating are a small percentage of all the KR owners. Why are you not empathizing with them? You don't know if they have " unprecendented egos". Moreover your admission you would empathize with them is a tactit admission you understand the reason why KR owners would be upset despite your feigned claim you "don't get it".

6. You encountered "unprecedented egos" in trying to have a "objective discussion" on the differences between a standard GT500 and a KR? You don't need open minds to discuss the differences when the facts are irrefutable and documentable. There is no room for "opnion" on the differences. All you wanted to do was to ignore the actual facts regarding the build of the KR and say both cars have the same pedigree because they both have bolt on parts from FRPP. That position itself is inaccurate as being misleading and incomplete.

7. You don't give a crap? Obviously you do and you are taking some perverse pleasure in more KR parts being available to the public. Most guys here have some spare parts as do I including a spoiler. Don't need more. You on the otherhand now have the opportunity to put more KR parts on your car so buy 'em while you can. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Don't come here and piss in our sandbox and expect us to play nice. Expect to get some sand kicked in your face.

Sheppd01 is entirely correct. Period.

Oh, and the GT350 owners who think they have the last of the breed (LOL) wait until the new 2015 GT350 comes out from Ford and SAI is all over that one "Shelbyizing it" with after market builds. To quote Scooby Doo "Rutrow".

There is a very low priced black KR on Ebaymotors in the $44,000 range with 5000 miles or so. Nows the time to sell you run of the mill GT500 and step up at a GREAT price. The KR will rise in value while yours is continuing on the way down. You can pull all your mods off and bolt them on the KR right and all your added power that you need so you won't be disappointed will be right there too. Best of both worlds.

1. To the extext we are/were customers of SAI that spent considerable sums buying a car they manufactured and are the manufacture of record (KR) and representations were made by the manufacturer that certain parts of the car we purchased were to be kept proprietary it is our business how SAI conducts it's business to that extent. Their representations were not limited in time or to a number of years. They either honor their representations or they don't.

2. You can't seem to grasp the concept of 'FACT vs. OPINION. That SAI made representations that there were certain KR parts that were proprietary to the KR and limited to the KR is fact,. When those protected parts all of a sudden appear on the market for everyone to buy KR owner's disgust with this based breach of this factual representation and not "opinion" that they should not be sold to the public is understandable. Doesn't matter how long the parts are on the self. If they want to get rid of the parts at least give KR owners first crack at a discounted rate. They could have handled this issue much better. Tells me they don't care what we think or how we feel. Basically they say one thing and do whatever the hell they want. Also, you don't find something basically wrong selling a KR restricted part trying to disguise it as a SS part? Its wrong on a number of levels.

3. It's no surprise you don't get why KR owners are "upset" about KR restricted parts being sold on the open market. First when a company makes a promise or representation surrounding ownership of a car they built and marketed and if the representation is breached that would tend to upset those who relied on it. Second, as the parts are limited correct that means they are limited in number, no? That means when they are sold off there are none left for those guys that own genuine KRs. What are we supposed to do when the parts are gone? Put on SS parts?

4. Does the sale of restricted parts diminish the value of KRs? Likely not. In fact, it may increase the values oddly enough as when the restricted parts are gone those cars with all the original restricted parts will be worth even more. Plus cloning is the sincerest form of flattery so when a real KR shows up it will be that much cooler!

5. So you are disappointed in the KR forum? Why are you still here? You don't even own a KR. Also as your disappointment is due your inability to peddle your BS "opinions" that directly conflict with actual facts in an effort to elevate the pedigree of standard GT500's to that of a KR. You also claim that due to some "egos" you now you don't give a crap so you don't empathize with the plight of KR owners? LOL. More horse manure from you. The owners here on this forum participating are a small percentage of all the KR owners. Why are you not empathizing with them? You don't know if they have " unprecendented egos". Moreover your admission you would empathize with them is a tactit admission you understand the reason why KR owners would be upset despite your feigned claim you "don't get it".

6. You encountered "unprecedented egos" in trying to have a "objective discussion" on the differences between a standard GT500 and a KR? You don't need open minds to discuss the differences when the facts are irrefutable and documentable. There is no room for "opnion" on the differences. All you wanted to do was to ignore the actual facts regarding the build of the KR and say both cars have the same pedigree because they both have bolt on parts from FRPP. That position itself is inaccurate as being misleading and incomplete.

7. You don't give a crap? Obviously you do and you are taking some perverse pleasure in more KR parts being available to the public. Most guys here have some spare parts as do I including a spoiler. Don't need more. You on the otherhand now have the opportunity to put more KR parts on your car so buy 'em while you can. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Don't come here and piss in our sandbox and expect us to play nice. Expect to get some sand kicked in your face.

Oh, and the GT350 owners who think they have the last of the breed (LOL) wait until the new 2015 GT350 comes out from Ford and SAI is all over that one "Shelbyizing it" with after market builds. To quote Scooby Doo "Rutrow".

There is a very low priced black KR on Ebaymotors in the $44,000 range with 5000 miles or so. Nows the time to sell you run of the mill GT500 and step up at a GREAT price. The KR will rise in value while yours is continuing on the way down. You can pull all your mods off and bolt them on the KR right and all your added power that you need so you won't be disappointed will be right there too. Best of both worlds.

Here, I'll kill your whole rant with one statement:

You bought your car from FORD Motor Company, *NOT* Shelby Automobiles Inc. or Shelby American. Shelby didn't promise you SHIT. Ford did.

So take it up with Ford, not SA.

Phill

REAL ONE, on 12 Jul 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:snapback.png

dramaqueen.gifbeat%5B1%5D.gifassshaking.gif

Here, I'll kill your whole rant with one statement:

You bought your car from FORD Motor Company, *NOT* Shelby Automobiles Inc. or Shelby American. Shelby didn't promise you SHIT. Ford did.

So take it up with Ford, not SA.

Phill

I'll kill your whole reply with one statement. SAI represented certain KR components were proprietary and restricted to KR owners.

Seems-like you don't know $HIT.

I wonder what this will do to the price of "correct original" Super Snake splitters in the furture for the cars that originally came with the earlier design?

Glad I took mine off and installed a KR knock-off.................The KR splitter looks better in my opinion anyway, always has........

R

I wonder what this will do to the price of "correct original" Super Snake splitters in the furture for the cars that originally came with the earlier design?

Glad I took mine off and installed a KR knock-off.................The KR splitter looks better in my opinion anyway, always has........

R

I am not sure it will do anything to the value. The head of SPP said it was an inferior design and the new SS splitter is supposedly made from inferior materials.

So the real question is which would you rather have. A old SS with a real SS splitter, SS hood (KR knockoff) and 20 inch Alcoa (KR knockoff); or a new SS with the new SS splitter (KR knockoff), the same KR knockoff hood and the new SS style rims they are putting on everything.

I would take the old one.

Edit. Sorry knockoff maybe to harsh. I like the SS but you have to admit they did not stray to far from the KR design on a few key pieces.

This thread certainly continues to take akward turns.

Didn't the SS come out before the KR? i.e. wouldn't that make the KR hood a "knockoff" SS hood?

Didn't ford include some of the KR specifics on the 2009 or 2010 GT-500's?

No need to specifically respond to my questions, this stuff is getting OLD!

This thread certainly continues to take akward turns.

Didn't the SS come out before the KR? i.e. wouldn't that make the KR hood a "knockoff" SS hood?

Didn't ford include some of the KR specifics on the 2009 or 2010 GT-500's?

No need to specifically respond to my questions, this stuff is getting OLD!

Oh your so right. They made the SS in 07. How could I be so ignorant.

Yes there were a lot of KR specs on the 09 GT500s and I am still mad about that one.

Sheppd01, You have been warned privately already. This should serve as your public notice. Time to let it go bro. We understand you are butt hurt, maybe in some time you will learn to let it go. SA does not owe you any explanation what so ever as to why they design or make or take any part from any build and sell it. period. Again, time to let it rest bro. If you need help letting it go I can help you with a vacation if you like.

Oh, and I really do love my KR wheels, and my KR exhaust. they work well with my SS rear brake ducts and my Terlingua hood.

Sheppd01, You have been warned privately already. This should serve as your public notice. Time to let it go bro. We understand you are butt hurt, maybe in some time you will learn to let it go. SA does not owe you any explanation what so ever as to why they design or make or take any part from any build and sell it. period. Again, time to let it rest bro. If you need help letting it go I can help you with a vacation if you like.

That is the best one ever. :).

Have you read any of my posts? I find this all every entertaining.

What was I warned privately about and who warned me. It must have been so private I wasn't included. As I said several times just incase you missed it. I don't care what they sell and I am looking forward to the 350 parts.

Edit. And then he edits his post bragging about all the KR parts he bought. I am literally laughing out loud right now. :) :)

Archived