TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Replace Side Marker Lights With Led's?

I'm converting most of the light bulbs (except the headlights) over to LED's.

As anyone replaced their front and/or rear side marker bulbs with LED's?

If so, which ones did you use? And are you happy with them?

There's SO many on the market, and SO many are junk, I was wondering if anyone can recommend any.

Thanks in advance, guys/gals!!! :):)

Hey Jay, if possible can you provide the bulb/part numbers for all the other bulbs that you have done? I have only done the interior map lights and am thinking of doing the rest like you and am wondering if you can can share you thoughts on the conversion.

Jay,

I replaced side marker (colored LEDs), license plate, trunk, and map lights (white LEDs). Plug & Play items all from HIDGuy in SD. Also installed smoked lenses fore and aft. Just a straight swap. Better light and a cleaner look with respect to white lights being brighter and truer white. No issues whatsoever; just enjoying the change.

Take it easy,

Quinn

Hey Jay, if possible can you provide the bulb/part numbers for all the other bulbs that you have done? I have only done the interior map lights and am thinking of doing the rest like you and am wondering if you can can share you thoughts on the conversion.

Sure.

Actually, I bought most of my LED's from American Muscle.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/0509-mustang-led-bulbs.html

I'm sure there's other sources. But, you should be careful jumping at the really low priced ones at other sites. They can be junk.

I got my trunk one off of ebay.

Here's a handy reference that will tell you the number for all of the bulbs on your car. Then just search for that number.

LiteBulbNumbers.jpg

Archived