TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Is A Good Price For A 2014 Gt350

Yeah, had it been a black on black, I don't think I would have pulled the trigger. They look very nice in that color scheme, but it's really hard to see the GT350 in the striping. Red wouldn't have been my first choice, but it wouldn't have been that far down the list either. It had the 624hp upgrade and that's the one option I really wanted. What color did you go with?

I just bought a new 2014 GT350 with the 624hp whipple upgrade for $75K. It had 75 miles on it when I bought it. I got it from LongMcArthur Ford in Kansas. The convenience of buying it directly from a dealer, already built cannot be overstated.... I can only imagine what the anticipation must be like waiting to have one of these built. From the moment I decided I was going to buy the car, to when I was actually driving it was a week, and that included the 4th of July weekend and a distance of 650 miles from the dealer to me (the car was delivered to me). The car details are posted under my profile if you look at my "vehicles".

Long had this car for sale for about a year if my memory serves me correctly.

It's a nice car - congratulations. I'm surprised it sold for that much.

Manny is out of his mind on those GT350s. They've had the same 20+ units advertised since around January. He rearranges the Ebay listings, pulls them on and off, etc. to make it look like they are flying off the floor, but they aren't. Every time he sells one he screams it to the world. So for people who follow these things closely, it's apparent that the GT350s are becoming hard to sell.

Manny also puts a premium on his GT500s, which is crazy. Especially in the current market. I think he tries to get / gets sticker plus 5k or so on those things. A little research, negotiating and monitoring of 500s on Ebay reveals that a very nice '13 or '14 can be had for a great price. Mine would have cost me 10k more from Manny.

As is the case with any dealer, they pray for 'uninformed buyers'.

With all that said - the GT350s are awesome looking cars.

Respectfully, please don't lump ALL DEALERS together. I pride myself and our dealership in, not only being on the cutting edge with Shelby and our own vehicles, but also providing solid value. I know if I win a customer I'll have a steady stream of vehicles heading out the door for life. Having our own race shop, teams, experienced drivers and more combined experience than ANY dealership in the nation doesn't hurt either.

Respectfully, please don't lump ALL DEALERS together. I pride myself and our dealership in, not only being on the cutting edge with Shelby and our own vehicles, but also providing solid value. I know if I win a customer I'll have a steady stream of vehicles heading out the door for life. Having our own race shop, teams, experienced drivers and more combined experience than ANY dealership in the nation doesn't hurt either.

Jeff -

My bad. I should have said 'Many'.

I've been around a few years and had a variety of experiences with a variety of dealers.

This is a fact: Dealers want to make money. And hell, I don't blame them. If they didn't they'd be out of business. That's a fact of life.

Some of them want to make more money than others. AND, all of them use a variety of 'techniques' to do so. Some of these techniques, well ... some of them are a little more slippery than others.

For example: Some time ago I had a dealer telling me that most Ford service departments wouldn't know the difference between a 525 Hp GT350 (1 year warranty) and a 624 Hp GT350 (No warranty). The idea was that I shouldn't worry about having warranty work done on my 624 Hp (no warranty) car. That most couldn't tell the difference in pulley size. Now - this dealer automatically assumed he was dealing with a dummy. Which didn't work in his favor. I wonder if those stupid mechanics at Ford would miss the sticker on the shock tower that says 624D vice 525D ?

So - that dealer lost a customer.

Some customers are more slippery than others. For example - I might ask a performance question or two for which I already know the answer. And then wait to see what kind of answer I get.

So, it's really amazing how many dealers out there just default to 'stupid customer'. Heck - maybe most of us are. Or, maybe some of us play that way on occasion for a reason.

• 2 years later...

Just came across this on Ebay. 2012 GT350 conv. HP is not stated. A/T, painted stripes, Under 2k miles. Buy it now for $56,500. What would this car have cost new assuming base HP?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262559754711

Just came across this on Ebay. 2012 GT350 conv. HP is not stated. A/T, painted stripes, Under 2k miles. Buy it now for $56,500. What would this car have cost new assuming base HP?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262559754711

Non-aspirated model would have 430 HP.

That car new, from Shelby, with N/A and Auto would have been upper $60s with those options - depending on what the base car cost the owner (MSRP versus Invoice)

Don't know why that Ford Dealer can't fix the droopy left tailpipe - it's an easy fix :(:(

That car new, from Shelby, with N/A and Auto would have been upper $60s with those options - depending on what the base car cost the owner (MSRP versus Invoice)

Don't know why that Ford Dealer can't fix the droopy left tailpipe - it's an easy fix :(:(

Based on that that, this car has lost about 16-18% if $56,500 is met. Not too bad considering all factors.

It has the look without the oomph that is expected, so it may be a tough sell.

I haven't fixed my tail pipe droop yet because it causes more commotion around the car at shows! I just tell them that it is a factory design to improve heated air flow performance.

• 3 years later...

Hi all. Close to buying a 2019 GT350S (SixT Rental) but I’ve just learned online that Transport Canada has a rule that any Ford modified by Shelby (and Saleen and Roush) can’t be exported to Canada. What gives? Is this still a thing? Why? And final question - any legal way around it?

Sounds like a damn shame if you ask me!

Hey Babs,

yup, Transport Canada is a thing.  I went through the same bureaucratic BS in 2008 when the GT-H was all the rage and I purchased a 2007 GT-H executive 5 spd stick (one of only 17 made 😎).  I couldn't bring it home to Canada due to the fact that Transport Canada (RIV) deemed it inadmissible.  I bought the car anyway and stored it for a year while I called Transport Canada, RIV and several other government agencies.   I was trying to get the car into Canada legally but I had a bunch of back up plans to get the car into Canada.

There are two ways you can go.

1- Get the car  deemed "admissible"  by Transport Canada and RIV.  This is a big challenge and it took me over a year and a half to achieve this.   In the end, I was successful but it took allot of work.

2- Take a chance and just import it as a Mustang.  The title for the car will simply state that the car is a Mustang.  There is nothing on the title that says it's anything other than a Mustang.  If you choose to import it into Canada you could bring it across the border and declare it as nothing other than a Mustang.  This is risky and more than likely not legal!  I know it happens on a regular basis but it is sketchy.

When I brought my car across the border I chose to call and harass Transport Canada, RIV and a several other government agencies.  A 2007 GT-H is nothing more than a Mustang  rental car, just like a SixT is a Mustang rental car.  In the end, I was successful.  Would I do it again?  Maybe.............., but ya gotta really want the car.  If you really want that SixT Rental then Go For It.  Life is short.  Chase your dreams.

QSS

Archived