TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Is A Good Price For A 2014 Gt350

So considering a GT350 from one of the Vegas dealers that bought up a lot of GT350's.

Wondering what the cost of the different horsepower versions were when they were being sold by Shelby - loaded.

Also wondering if they will move on their prices and what a reasonable offer might be?

Frank Bullitt,

Were you and your wife at SAI 2 1/2 months ago during the Mustang 50th inquiring about GT350's? I only ask, because when I was at SAI in late April there was a husband and wife from Canada asking questions about GT350's. If that was you I just happen to be right beside you when you were asking questions about them and dealerships that sell them. I assume you may be referring to Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas.

One thing you really need to consider if you do buy one of these cars, is your ability to get it across the border and import it into Canada. The Canadian RIV is super difficult when it comes to many models of newer Shelby's, I know from first hand experience. If you buy a late model GT350 in the US you may have major problems trying to bring it home to Canada.

On the other hand, if you're buying it to keep it and drive it in the US, then your good. I can't advise you on what a good price is as I do not follow these cars much. Good luck.

QSS

I called the dealership and just asked what they were looking for and they told me depending on the car and options 90K to 95K. I told them I'll pass and just wait for something used in a couple of years. Look at what Super Snakes are selling for now with a 1,000 miles. I brand new 2014 Shelby with 662 horse power is $25K less. I'm still in disbelief that Ford made a 662 hp Shelby Mustang. I know they made more then the GT350 and I would still like to have a GT350 but not at $95K. The dealership wants full sticker for the Mustang GT and full sticker for the Shelby Conversion. When I bought my KR I got $25K off the total of both stickers. I think they will have to come down on these cars to the mid 70's to get them sold but that just my opinion. Again I would love to have a GT 350 but just don't want to eat 30K over the next 2 years. Good Luck in your quest for your next Shelby

SVT

Dealerships will always seem to escalate the dealer markup om limited production cars. Nothing new there. But $90 to 95K is way too much. It must be that they are looking at auction prices. Remember that the GT500 was made by Ford and has a licensed nameplate from Shelby. They made almost 48,000 units from 2007 to 2014 with 5600 in 2014 alone. The GT350 was hand re-assembled at Shelby American and in its three year run less than an estimated 400 were made. So there is a that limited production value still with the GT350.

My recommendation is to try to get to ride or drive each car before you buy. There is a fairly big difference in how they feel and perform. Then get what you like with the best deal. Some dealers have kept both the GT350 and GT500 at high markups and still have them sitting for months unsold. Eventually they will be sold at near MSRP or less.

The 2013 models, which I am familiar with, could easily be $90-$95K with the 624HP package, and all the brake,driveshaft, suspension, and interior upgrades. If you added the wide-body kits to those then they are above $100K. I would not expect any discounts from a dealer on these today. They are very limited production, now unavailable to replace new, and so if you want one to your spec, it will be full tilt. Not sure how many they have laying around the showroom in various trims, but even those would be full sticker I suspect. If you want a cheap deal, you will have to wait a few years and hope the supply starts exceeding the demand. IMO.

The problem with the cars at the dealers, not just this one, is if they provided the cars to SAI for the conversion, by the time they get the final GT350 back on the showroom floor they have a ton of money tied up in the car. They either have been paying the flooring charges on the car or they fronted the money and it's been tied up for months now. So in essence they have to make their nut back on that plus they have to turn a profit on the car/conversion. It's not like a car that just rolled off the carrier and they can let it go for $500 over list and be happy.

And as was previously stated; depending on the options the price can climb quickly.

John

Frank Bullitt,

Were you and your wife at SAI 2 1/2 months ago during the Mustang 50th inquiring about GT350's? I only ask, because when I was at SAI in late April there was a husband and wife from Canada asking questions about GT350's. If that was you I just happen to be right beside you when you were asking questions about them and dealerships that sell them. I assume you may be referring to Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas.

One thing you really need to consider if you do buy one of these cars, is your ability to get it across the border and import it into Canada. The Canadian RIV is super difficult when it comes to many models of newer Shelby's, I know from first hand experience. If you buy a late model GT350 in the US you may have major problems trying to bring it home to Canada.

On the other hand, if you're buying it to keep it and drive it in the US, then your good. I can't advise you on what a good price is as I do not follow these cars much. Good luck.

QSS

No not me. Was there for a stag around that time but couldn't get to Shelby. Anyway they are around 90-95 at Gaudin. Said they bought the last 15 or something. Risky business unless they got a screamin volume discount from Shelby.

Was just seeing if they were marking them up above and beyond what Shelby wanted or if they were going for MSRP. I'm familiar with what happen with late model rare Shelby's having owned a KR. I would think dealers would remember as well, maybe the deals will start rolling in the fall.

RIV won't let you import a 350 without transport Canada's go ahead exemption. So I'm investigating that option right now. Seems I have a bit of time.

There is no way in hell I would ever pay MSRP or anything close for a 350 or any other new Shelby after how they treated the KR owners and seeing first hand what has happened to that market.

I'll wait and pic up a gently used one for 50% off. :)

I'll wait and pic up a gently used one for 50% off. :)

Good luck with that. ;)

I wonder how much the rumored Ford GT350 will affect the Shelby GT350 value. Yes I know everyone on here knows the difference between the two but we are a relatively small group.

If Ford sales their GT350 for 40 to 50 new I think it will only hurt the Shelby. Especially if it has Shelby badging.

I wonder how much the rumored Ford GT350 will affect the Shelby GT350 value. Yes I know everyone on here knows the difference between the two but we are a relatively small group.

If Ford sales their GT350 for 40 to 50 new I think it will only hurt the Shelby. Especially if it has Shelby badging.

I think it will hurt the value of these 350's badly. The public won't differentiate between them other than knowing one has the latest style and tech. I'm sure Shelby will take what Ford has done and offer up a GT350R upfitters package. The dealer holding these GT350's will lose their shirt. As per 50% off for a gently used one, lets not go down that road. Let's just not.

Former KR owner.

There is no engine and drivetrain warranty on the 624 HP option. At the time of sale, there is a disclosure form for you to sign acknowledging this fact. Some mileage is due to transport since the car was originally a pre-titled Mustang GT that had to be delivered and moved around at the factory, then delivered to the dealership. I am sure there have been a few test drives once it arrived at the dealer. I had less than 35 miles when I picked my 2011 up new at the dealer. It had to be driven from the shipping dock to the dealership. I was there and did not mind the break-in mileage. Since I had not signed for delivery, had anything gone wrong, the dealer would be responsible to fix it before I took possession.

Like I said, let me know when you get a 50% discount on a "gently used" 2011-2014 GT350.

The people that bought these "GT350s" also thought they were getting a good deal, but over time…….people could and did "tell the difference" between a Shelby GT350 and a Ford GT350.

post-39072-0-40882500-1404754946_thumb.jpg

Compared to the Ford SVT built GT500, the SA built GT350 has been holding its resale value at auctions and private sale very well. While the general public has no clue about the difference between the various Mustang Shelby cars, the car crazy fans do, like those on this Forum. It is evident at cruise nights, car club venues and auctions. They know what the difference is between the SA built Shelby Mustangs and other post title and Ford special edition Mustangs. And that is all that that counts.

The most that the new 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 will affect will be any SA Shelby GT350 models still sitting unsold on the showroom floor as the sales staff will be clueless to explain the difference in cars. If there is any remaining 2013-14 GT350 inventory out there, I doubt that any interested buyer would be willing to pay more than the total MSRP. The base Mustang GT had to be paid for as a pre-title a long time ago even before the car went through four to six months of modification at SA.

Like I said, let me know when you get a 50% discount on a "gently used" 2011-2014 GT350.

The people that bought these "GT350s" also thought they were getting a good deal, but over time…….people could and did "tell the difference" between a Shelby GT350 and a Ford GT350.

If you think your post-title GT350 has any more providence than a pre-titled KR - I have a bridge to sell you. Fact is all of these late model special edition Shelbys are riding the depreciation train - big time.

Why do you suppose Shelby sold all these GT350's to Ford Dealerships at steep discounts? The dealerships surely didn't pay full retail to Shelby for a multiple unit order.

Shelby sold them at discount to the dealers because they didn't have the orders at the price they were charging to complete their 100 car build. They didn't want to keep the order banks open - AFTER - the Ford GT350 becomes general public knowledge.

Gaudin and Ford Country are hoping they can sell these things throughout the world on Ebay. You can find them all there, well that is all except the ones Shelby are still building for the dealerships.

Very nice grabber GT350 Vert you have. I'll land a coupe without the wide body in a few years for a few bucks less than you paid. Maybe you can tell me what documentation a new GT350 original owner gets at delivery so I can make sure whatever I buy comes with all the associated paperwork.

I do not know about later models, but my 2011 GT350 came with the my name on the Maroney window sticker and in the trunk were the rear quarter window interior covers and exterior covers and a GT350 45th annv. jacket. There was no special GT350 manual, only the Ford Mustang manual packet.

Yes long term the SA 350 will do better but sort term 10-15 years the Ford 350 is going to hurt the SA 350. It is going to be hard to find buyers for an older body style 350 that cost twice as much. The only saving grace is that there are fewer SA 350 owners. As long as everyone holds there ground on the selling price the price will hold. It will only take a few owners that let them go cheap to bring them all down. Then you will have the new owners who got them cheap reselling them for even cheaper a few years later.

But this is all speculation. Maybe SA didn't want to screw their SA 350 buyers over by allowing Ford to use that name for a lesser car, or maybe Ford is going to sale their 350 for 90k as well.

Now if SA builds a 350R...... What does that do to long term?

I don't think the few 2011-2014 GT350s (I would guess less than 400) built can compare to the 2000+ KRs sold. Especially since Ford started almost immediately selling GT500s that were more powerful and basically the same car without the badges for 1/2 the KR. Different supply/demand dynamics. And I don't think the people who want to buy a $40-$50K Ford GT350 are anywhere near the same people who want to buy a 2011-2014 Shelby GT350. They are a different demand segment as well, just like the people who want a $200K Lamborghini are not the same as the ones who want the $400K one. So comparing that is apples and oranges. The people who want a Shelby GT350 and can distinguish the difference between a Shelby vs. Ford GT350 are not the buyers for the Ford. So I don't think, given the price differential between the cars and the vast differences, the Ford GT350 will have much impact on the values of the existing Shelby GT350s, IMO.

I don't think the few 2011-2014 GT350s (I would guess less than 400) built can compare to the 2000+ KRs sold. Especially since Ford started almost immediately selling GT500s that were more powerful and basically the same car without the badges for 1/2 the KR. Different supply/demand dynamics. And I don't think the people who want to buy a $40-$50K Ford GT350 are anywhere near the same people who want to buy a 2011-2014 Shelby GT350. They are a different demand segment as well, just like the people who want a $200K Lamborghini are not the same as the ones who want the $400K one. So comparing that is apples and oranges. The people who want a Shelby GT350 and can distinguish the difference between a Shelby vs. Ford GT350 are not the buyers for the Ford. So I don't think, given the price differential between the cars and the vast differences, the Ford GT350 will have much impact on the values of the existing Shelby GT350s, IMO.

There has only been one modern era Ford that has increased in value since day 1. The Ford GT. There is no version of a Shelby Mustang that is spoken of in the same breath as a Ford GT.

All others have depreciated and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, to think otherwise is simply not supported by recent history. Like it or not.

I never said a 2011-2014 Shelby GT350 would "appreciate from Day 1", nor would I compare one of those Shelby GT350s to a Ford GT with regard to appreciation in say the first ten years. But you have to remember that 50% of the Ford GTs built have been wrecked, always attracted the deep pockets buyers from day 1, and there weren't that many anyway, and they were one of a kind machines unlike anything else on the road. But, with all that said, to think you are going to score a bargain 50% discount on one in the next few years, new or used, is totally foolish and unrealistic, and is not supported by recent sales histories either, like it or not.

If you want a bargain in the class, get one of the recent GT500s, lots of HP and style, and will get a 50% discount from new in a few years, if not today, since they made tens of thousands and are not an exclusive, low production vehicle. Supply and demand rules.

Agreed they are still too new for deep discounts. I doubt there will be much movement until Gaudin Ford sees the new Ford GT350 on the truck being off loaded. Worry will grow. KR history will repeat.

Of course, maybe the 13 on EBay with bids currently topping out in the high 50's low 60's might sell to European buyers for the mid 90's the are asking. But aren't they going to start selling the new Mustangs over in Europe this fall, maybe even the Ford 350's?

Or maybe people in the US who didn't want to pay Shelby's price to get a GT350 spec'd to their heart's desire will pay more to Gaudin Ford for a 350 in a color and with options they don't care for?

As it stands right now, even if someone handed me a free set of keys to one, the government won't ok import to Canada. Still working on that little hurtle. Might take me a few years. :)

Right, the Canadian problem is something else. I don't think someone with a '13 GT350 is going to be selling for under $70K, but who knows, they may be desperate for money and need to unload or have it repossessed, if so, that is not the typical GT350 buyer I know. Not saying Gaudin will get all the want for each car, but they are deep pockets people willing to wait for a long time for the "right" buyers (could be foreign for sure) to emerge. I have seen cars for sale for a year or more that do sell for asking price when the right buyer get there. Even some recent KRs I know have sold for big bucks to the patient seller.

I purchased my 2014 GHIG GT350 from Manny. I was concerned with paying 90k at first but I built a Shelby GT on the website and roughly came out to 75k (only 30k for the base GT which is quite low) I paid 40 for the base car. So in the end it came out to about 85k with options I chose including the 10k more for a loaded GT.

As of right now they are currently working on the he March arrivals.

Mine arrived in the May which should have put me around a September completion but I opted for the wide body which now I have no idea when it will be done.

I just bought a new 2014 GT350 with the 624hp whipple upgrade for $75K. It had 75 miles on it when I bought it. I got it from LongMcArthur Ford in Kansas. The convenience of buying it directly from a dealer, already built cannot be overstated.... I can only imagine what the anticipation must be like waiting to have one of these built. From the moment I decided I was going to buy the car, to when I was actually driving it was a week, and that included the 4th of July weekend and a distance of 650 miles from the dealer to me (the car was delivered to me). The car details are posted under my profile if you look at my "vehicles".

Manny did have a triple black 2014 GT350 in his showroom for sale. I didn't want to settle on black. (-Not saying you settled!)

I have/had a couple black vehicles and they are a pain.

Can't wait! I try not to think about it and drive my mach 1 around to kill the thoughts.

I just bought a new 2014 GT350 with the 624hp whipple upgrade for $75K. It had 75 miles on it when I bought it. I got it from LongMcArthur Ford in Kansas. The convenience of buying it directly from a dealer, already built cannot be overstated.... I can only imagine what the anticipation must be like waiting to have one of these built. From the moment I decided I was going to buy the car, to when I was actually driving it was a week, and that included the 4th of July weekend and a distance of 650 miles from the dealer to me (the car was delivered to me). The car details are posted under my profile if you look at my "vehicles".

Great price! About 15-20 K lower than Manny at Gaudin. How'd you find it? Manny says he's got them all.

Manny did have a triple black 2014 GT350 in his showroom for sale. I didn't want to settle on black. (-Not saying you settled!)

I have/had a couple black vehicles and they are a pain.

Can't wait! I try not to think about it and drive my mach 1 around to kill the thoughts.

Yeah, had it been a black on black, I don't think I would have pulled the trigger. They look very nice in that color scheme, but it's really hard to see the GT350 in the striping. Red wouldn't have been my first choice, but it wouldn't have been that far down the list either. It had the 624hp upgrade and that's the one option I really wanted. What color did you go with?

Great price! About 15-20 K lower than Manny at Gaudin. How'd you find it? Manny says he's got them all.

He actually might have them all now. I found it on cars.com on June 23rd (actually it took me two weeks to get it now that I think of it, not one week). They had it listed on autotrader as well. I notice that your original post was July 5th, so I may have just swiped it before you started looking? I saw a couple of them from Gaudin Ford listed as well, but they were listed at about 95K. Those were the only ones that I saw, but I only checked cars.com and autotrader.com. I emailed LongMcArthur that morning to see if they still had the car. At that point, I was just sort of curious.... I don't think I really expected to buy the car. I figured they would email me back and tell me it was gone already and they hadn't taken down the post. To my surprise, they responded back and said they still had it. From there, I spent a couple of hours rationalizing why I could buy a $75K car.... I seem to be pretty good at it, I did the same thing last year before buying a 2013 Boss ;-)

Anyway, I called them, put down a $5K deposit with my credit card and went ahead with things from there. Pretty strange buying a car that's 650 miles away that you've never seen in person!

Archived