TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bama Tunes.

ABDULITY

hey guys,in a few weeks im gonna install the JLT Big cold air intake that requires a tun.Would you guys recommend buying the X4 tuner and get a tune from bama? or getting it dyno tuned at my local perfromance shop/garage.

Has anyone here got their tune from bama? and did u experience and problems with it?

-Thanks

Are you asking this question of SPP since you posted in this section of the forums, or just a general question to everybody? I love the X4 tuner. I have had many X3s. Bama has been owned by American Muscle for a few years now. I have always had great luck with them before and after the sale. The best part is free tunes for life if you make any changes over time.

Got an X4 tuner recently from AM and used the Bama tune with no mods. Felt like the car had a little more pull on the top end. I recently added a JTL 127mm CF CAI and updated the Bama tune, but started having issues after about 40 miles. Car started throwing "lean" codes, which is not good for the engine.

In all fairness, Bama sent back an updated tune (after datalogging) within 24-hours, so I thought customer service was good. But after doing a lot of reading, I decided to get a VMP tune based on their reputation and knowledge of the GT500. Running stock now and waiting on my new tune.

Search several of the popular GT500 forums and you should get lots of interesting info.

Got an X4 tuner recently from AM and used the Bama tune with no mods. Felt like the car had a little more pull on the top end. I recently added a JTL 127mm CF CAI and updated the Bama tune, but started having issues after about 40 miles. Car started throwing "lean" codes, which is not good for the engine.

In all fairness, Bama sent back an updated tune (after datalogging) within 24-hours, so I thought customer service was good. But after doing a lot of reading, I decided to get a VMP tune based on their reputation and knowledge of the GT500. Running stock now and waiting on my new tune.

Search several of the popular GT500 forums and you should get lots of interesting info.

Thanks,looks like im getting a tune from VMP because i've seen lots of good feedbacks from GT500 owners.

Why would you purchase a product from JLT then get a tune from someone else? I do however hear good things from VMP but I think they have there own line of products. With that being said JLT tunes for there own products tuned on there dyno. The same goes for VMP. Now if you take your car to VMP then they will tune your car for whatever product you have. When It comes to the motor I dont like to mix tunes and tuning products from different companys.

It's just a thought I had

are you sure Jay (JLT) has his own dyno and tuning shop?? I believe that he sells tuners for his products loaded with someone else's tunes, such as from Lund and/or Evo

+1. Pretty sure he just sells the tuner with the pre-programed settings.

Archived