TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do Your Brakes Squeal Too?

Gt50014

So my car has about 1,500 miles now and right before I come to a complete stop the brakes squeal. It's been doing this since day one and I was hoping it would stop soon, it's loud enough to be annoying especially with the windows down. Do other cars do this? Will this noise stop with a few more miles on it? Sounds like I already need to change the brakes but that's obviously not the problem, unless something is wrong. I will say the brakes operate correctly, rotors are not being damaged that I can tell, and the sounds seems to be coming from both front wheels.

Thanks!

From the 2014 GT500 Owners Manual Supplement - Page 20.

BRAKES
Your vehicle is equipped with a brake system designed for high speed and superior fade resistance. You may notice occasional brake squeal and elevated levels of brake dust. This is normal and does not affect brake system performance.

I had seen this thread before but never bothered reading it since mine didn't squeal.. My car, a 2014, just passed 350 miles on a ride yesterday and now mine are squealing too... Irritating....

From the 2014 GT500 Owners Manual Supplement - Page 20.

BRAKES

Your vehicle is equipped with a brake system designed for high speed and superior fade resistance. You may notice occasional brake squeal and elevated levels of brake dust. This is normal and does not affect brake system performance.

While the squeal and dust are annoying, they are also normal.

Both spot-on.

I had brake squeal and the pads needed replacing on my '12. So, I went with Porterfields. Worst decision made. They were the noisiest I've ever heard. Had them taken off with only 200 miles and went back to Wilwoods BP-10's. Much better but the squeal is still there just not nearly as bad. I hate pulling into a car show and having brakes squeal.

Thanks for all the responses. I figured it was normal, I've got about 2k miles now and the noise has decreased somewhat. Or maybe I'm getting used to it lol

Archived