TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford planning more potent GTR/GT500KR 2008 Mustang

1969HOT

Since I recently saw the post here about Shelby American's finance issues I could see how they would want to be involved in a more substanial way with the KR if it happens. It would be interesting to know about how long it takes SA to turn around GT-H cars. If like 68fastback says they shoot for between 500-3000 cars that would be alot of work to do to keep the cars moving along and hitting the streets. I'd guess 500 - 1000 given the total production being done in 2008 it would be a low percentage car and be special.

I still say the Ford performance packs or a kit that replicates those would be used it would be alot faster to do. It would give time to do the extras folks want like maybe a new hood or vent scoops or trunk letters things like that. But I'd bet good money on the whipple supercharger being added and something to work on weight transfer. Also functional air ducting for the front brakes from what I've read its already prepped to have those done in the front valance. I could see a race seat / backseat delete option added it might help with weight and it would be easy to do. Carroll Shelby is partnering with American Racing to do a Shelby Legends rim collection so they could go with a differnet rim.

Its all speculation for sure :D But it being some $$$$ is not it would help SA and it would give the collector folks something to go after. Also it could bolster SA with parts sales to the other GT500 owners who couldn't go full bore.

It would be fun to see SA make a Kicka** car with killer power :D

so may good ideas in this thread and virtually all are very doable and a fit for existing production/practices.. can't wait to see what's actually cooked up :)

Personally, I'd like to see the GT-R (Ford owned name) be the road-racer version (poor man's man-racer); a GT500KR (name already owned by Shelby) in it's historical niche -- the pinacle of the marque; So maybe then the Boss3xx (a Ford owned name) would be one fo the 'flavor-of-the-year' goodies. Of course, Im basing that on absolutely nothing -- just trying to see how the pieces might fit. It's fun times again! ...and more coming!

Archived