TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Summer - Time For More Mods!

I need to catch up on a few items that are laying around in the garage! First up, a "two-fer" - Relocate battery to trunk and install a larger intercooler tank!

I puchased two Moroso pieces from Summit Racing - the 74051 battery box, (black plastic so it will blend in with the black trunk interior), and the 63494 supercharger coolant tank, (move the battery and put this where it used to be!)

Some instructional, (hopefully) pics of the trunk battery box location - nice that there are pre-existing holes!

photo2_zps91d55851.jpg

e7b8664d-0521-426c-b5c8-cb9e39e6b632_zps

fb79d5db-6eb6-4fa2-8a3e-eee16bd6212a_zps

photo3_zpsf075ab28.jpg

photo6_zps520f7e97.jpg

photo7_zps3d68c614.jpg

photo8_zpsa61ac1c6.jpg

5e5e9f38-dee4-4e2b-a72f-59c8420196fc_zps

All for now - pretty straight forward install!

Sam

Thanks LT!

Here's the last few photos!

Battery Box - I have a remote ignition/electric kill-switch, but haven't made up my mind where to put it. A buddy of mine has a 65' GT350 and he has

his installed where the radio antenna used to be - I might do the same thing!

photo15_zpsf9cbb7d8.jpg

The intercooler tank - increased fluid capacity by about a gallon with the extra hose length!

photo17_zpsa2fba52d.jpg

The engine bay is now beginning to look like a mass of black spaghetti! I may rethink my color scheme and add some BLUE Ford Racing valve covers!

photo16_zps17bd3d74.jpg

More mods to come - really got to get that Watts Link under the rear end!

Sam

Hey thanks, Andy! I need to get that Watts link installed sometime before October - I'll let you crawl around under the car and hang it for me! That is sure to be a thrill working with ramps and jack stands - said no one, ever!

We'll try and hook up again when you get back down here - and you really need to rethink the scheduling of that Vegas trip, SURELY you can fly back for a bit of track time at Roebling! ;)

Sam

Hey thanks, Andy! I need to get that Watts link installed sometime before October - I'll let you crawl around under the car and hang it for me! That is sure to be a thrill working with ramps and jack stands - said no one, ever!

We'll try and hook up again when you get back down here - and you really need to rethink the scheduling of that Vegas trip, SURELY you can fly back for a bit of track time at Roebling! ;)

Sam

Sam,

I mentioned to Allison that I may just fly back in then just head straight to Savannah....I'm going to tell her that you need someone to hold and start the "GoPro" cameras since you will be driving!!

Since I have the Watts Link installed on mine, it would be great to sneak away for a weekend in mine to use it as a life size sample guide. With four hands working together, we should be able to knock that project out in short order!

Let's look at the calendar sometime and see if that can work out.

Andy.

Archived