TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Results: Vmp Gen 2 Tvs

ThomasL

So reading through the article, it looks like the gains were simply made by the porting/larger inlet and housing of the Gen II blower? Where I'm going with this, is I'm wondering if porting the stock TVS and inlet would net similar gains? I believe it was bininilx over on svtperformance who had his blower ported...

( But I could be wrong )

It's a big plus that you live so close by a shop like that who can use your car as a test bed. BTW, how are the MPSS tires holding up with the new found power?

Yes! Sure is nice being close by. As for the question about porting the stock TVS, you'd have to ask the experts. The MPSS do as well as a street tire can with this kind of power, but i have plans for wheels and drag radials.

Yes! Sure is nice being close by. As for the question about porting the stock TVS, you'd have to ask the experts. The MPSS do as well as a street tire can with this kind of power, but i have plans for wheels and drag radials.

I'd be very curious as to see the flow numbers between a TVS ported blower and the GenII. Regardless, the GenII sure does look good in black!

I would imagine with the power you're putting down, the MPSS tires are getting over powered, and probably do somewhat even at stock power levels. Stock gears in your car?

the gen II has a redesigned housing that exposes more of the front end of the rotor pack to the incoming air flow........but I am sure that VMP could explain it better. You can only do so much with the OEM housing to improve air flow. Plus I believe the redesigned housing eliminated a lot of little things that were pertruding past the housing surface. If I had a buyer for my gen I VMP system, I would get this in a heartbeat......best choice overall for street cars.

the gen II has a redesigned housing that exposes more of the front end of the rotor pack to the incoming air flow........but I am sure that VMP could explain it better. You can only do so much with the OEM housing to improve air flow. Plus I believe the redesigned housing eliminated a lot of little things that were pertruding past the housing surface. If I had a buyer for my gen I VMP system, I would get this in a heartbeat......best choice overall for street cars.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Archived