TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mini Nats Update

MMcGuirk

We need to get you out there driving!

I Would love to Michael, but I had to promise the wife that I wouldn't till its paid for, almost there.

You know the saying (Happy Wife, Happy life :) ) But wait a minute! :headscratch: She did get a new kitchen out of the deal. :spend:

Hmmm, Maybe its time to renegotiate the terms. :slapfight:

Have fun you all, be safe and take some pictures if you have the time. Maybe I can do this in a couple years with my 65!

Next year Dennis for the 50th Anniversary of the GT350!

Registration is closed online, but you can still come out to the event tomorrow and register in person.

It will be worth the trip just for what's happening in the paddock....

Next year Dennis for the 50th Anniversary of the GT350!

HMMMMM. I will be thinking about that. After all, the 350's (old and new) are the most exciting cars to watch in action, at least that's what I think.

GREAT news Michael, and max kudos to the Mayor :clapping: for getting this all-star lineup together for Mini-Nats!

Its gonna be epic...again...

TD,

Epic might be an understatement. What a treat to see CSX2299 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Daytona being rolled into the garage this afternoon. Can't wait to hear it roar tomorrow. Many thanks to Miller Motorsports for making this possible!!!

IMG_0711_zps992a081c.jpg

IMG_0716_zpsafc8c0c8.jpg

IMG_0718_zps08535cbd.jpg

TD,

Epic might be an understatement. What a treat to see CSX2299 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Daytona being rolled into the garage this afternoon. Can't wait to hear it roar tomorrow. Many thanks to Miller Motorsports for making this possible!!!

IMG_0711_zps992a081c.jpg

IMG_0716_zpsafc8c0c8.jpg

IMG_0718_zps08535cbd.jpg

Very cool!

Oh yeah! What an incredible weekend!! I could sit there for days and listen to the drivers talk about the races that made Shelby famous. Was great to meet Bob Bondurant. He commented twice on how much he liked my camp shirt with all the different Shelbys on it. It's great how the drivers still have very distinct memories of races that took place so long ago.

The event really is first class. I take my hat off to the organizers and volunteers for such a well run weekend. Special thanks to Michael for all he did to make the event such a success. Scott Hirose and Randy Richardson kept the banquet crowd informed and amused, and I finally got to see the big wheel. Wow, that thing is sweet. Hurst shifter and everything.

Tammy took this video with my phone. It doesn't cover a large section of track and was just waiting for me to come by, but she caught a ton of cars in a short period of time and the sound is surprisingly good for being caught on a Samsung S4.

20140802_121457_zps452594a1.jpg

20140802_095844_zpse43638f8.jpg

20140802_184715_zps76f5992c.jpg

Hats off to the Mayor Michael McGuirk for pulling together another EPIC event! :worship:

The all-star lineup of dignitaries and CSX2299 was awesome.

Big Thanx also to Jim (SVTNAJA) and his associate Dave for manning the car show, and making that seamless.

Mark next year on your calendars as it'll be the 30th Mini-Nats and 50th Anniversary of the GT350.

If any of you have some pictures to share, please forward email them to me at, editor@norcal-saac.org (you'll get photo credit)

Motor on,

Tom

Hats off to the Mayor Michael McGuirk for pulling together another EPIC event! :worship:

The all-star lineup of dignitaries and CSX2299 was awesome.

Big Thanx also to Jim (SVTNAJA) and his associate Dave for manning the car show, and making that seamless.

Mark next year on your calendars as it'll be the 30th Mini-Nats and 50th Anniversary of the GT350.

If any of you have some pictures to share, please forward email them to me at, editor@norcal-saac.org (you'll get photo credit)

Motor on,

Tom

Any idea approx. when and where it will be held next year?

Another great event--hats off to the TS guys for a wonderful show. Next year marks our 20th anniversary of going to mini nats--looks like I'll be taking the GT350.

DENSTANG65--it is usually early August and is normally at Sears Point or Thunderhill.

1st weekend in August tentatively. Sears Point

Thank you guys, I will be marking the calendar for around that time. Michael, I heard you were not feeling well this last weekend. Sorry to hear that and hope you are feeling better now.

Archived