TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock Shift Light Vs Rev Limit

I always wanted to know this:

Why can you adjust the shift light to a MAX of 6500, when the factory rev limit is 6250, and everyone tells me to lower my tune from a rev limit of 6600 back to stock because I will either blow the alternator, or blow the motor?

Thanks

I always wanted to know this:
Why can you adjust the shift light to a MAX of 6500, when the factory rev limit is 6250, and everyone tells me to lower my tune from a rev limit of 6600 back to stock because I will either blow the alternator, or blow the motor?
Thanks

Hmm. Now I'm gonna have to go and check to see if I can set mine to 6500!

Phill

Just curious what people are typically setting their shift light to, are you guys going for high rpms or do you set up up for short shifts? I've never really seenjoyed a consensus on this.

Just curious what people are typically setting their shift light to, are you guys going for high rpms or do you set up up for short shifts? I've never really seenjoyed a consensus on this.

I bump mine up so I'm *just* missing the rev chip on shifts.

I did set it at 5500 (or was it 5800?) when I ran the Mojave Mile, as more of a "warning" that I needed to shift SOON and it worked out pretty well. I never hit the chip but I think I may have left a little on the table too.

Phill

I read somewhere the motors will rev to 7000 for a few seconds before cuting out to 6250.

That's only on the 5.8's.

Phill

Archived