TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Is Finally Lowered!! The Exact Look And Feel I Was Hoping For!!

Cdvision

A couple weeks ago I had some Michelin Pilot Super Sports install and they feel great!! Today I had my Ford Racing M-18000-G kit installed. Install went smooth and the alignment was dialed in bang on. Very pleased with Dale's Alignment, they did the install and alignment. Great bunch of guys, took great care with my car and it turned out better than I imagined. The stance is exactly what I was looking for. Ride quality is very good and only a touch more firm. No more brake dive and way more secure and planted in the corners. I'm very pleased with the outcome of this install!! :)

20140619_145603_zpsko9kiv6t.jpg

20140619_152622_zpshh6sxbu2.jpg

20140619_162514_zpsxwfvmgkj.jpg

20140619_162548_zpsmwrg6lqn.jpg

Well done. Nice to not have the front of the car nose dive under hard braking, huh?

Oh ya!!! Feels so much more stable under hard braking!!

I'm really enjoying the feel and look of the car after the upgrade. No noticeable difference in ride quality. Handles bumps and dips in the road with way more control. Big improvement in cornering and under braking. Feels much more sure footed and connected to the road. I'm sure the Michelin Pilot Super Sports help too. I should have done this a long time ago!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice car CDvision...... obviously you're in the greater Vancouver area.... what with them thar 'hills' in the background.... me too, Vancouver South..... Just had my stock '12 dyno'd at Brown Bros Ford..... got 483 hp 473 ft/lbs torque at rear wheels.... it was said to be good numbers for a hot day..... They made at least 3 if not 4 pulls and the 1st one was the highest number..... I shall be lowering mine shortly for the 'look' and hopefully handling like your machine.... the drive up the Sea to Sky hwy will tell....

Nice car CDvision...... obviously you're in the greater Vancouver area.... what with them thar 'hills' in the background.... me too, Vancouver South..... Just had my stock '12 dyno'd at Brown Bros Ford..... got 483 hp 473 ft/lbs torque at rear wheels.... it was said to be good numbers for a hot day..... They made at least 3 if not 4 pulls and the 1st one was the highest number..... I shall be lowering mine shortly for the 'look' and hopefully handling like your machine.... the drive up the Sea to Sky hwy will tell....

I'm on Cambie and West 8th. I bought my car new from Brown Bros. Also bought the suspension kit from them. I even worked there for 6 months last year. I love driving even more with the new set up!! It's such a fun car to drive. The problem is my wife just got a 2014 GT convertible in Gotta Have It Green....so it's always tough to pick which car to take out for a cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I installed some BMR LCA relocation brackets last month the correct the rear LCA angle. They were an easy install and work great. Latest pic from this past weekend.20150307_130743_zpsn9dxakt5.jpg

No real need to weld in the current design for my application. Only the older ones had failure. If I was running serious drag rubber and launching hard I would probably weld them.

ok I have watched some pretty bad failures with those.

Just looking out for ya

I'm pretty sure that you're never seen "those" brackets fail.

Right from BMR......

Correct the suspension geometry in your S197 Mustang with Control Arm Relocation Brackets from BMR Suspension.

Manufactured from 3/16 CNC laser cut steel plates, these bolt-in brackets provide three new mounting locations for correcting your rear suspensions anti-squat characteristics. Additionally, this newly designed bracket captures existing factory holes in three locations per side, preventing counter-rotation and eliminating the necessity for welding in all but extreme applications.

The BMR Control Arm Relocation Brackets correct the vehicles instantaneous center, improving drag strip traction and handling traction during corner exiting. BMR can proudly claim that these Relocation Brackets are the only brackets in the industry that have been 1.1 sixty-foot times, BOLTED-ON! We also have many 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 sixty-foot combinations running these same pieces.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=170

There have been no reported failures of the redesigned BMR brackets since they were introduced in 2010.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/607018-depth-look-bmr-suspensions-s197-relocation-brackets.html#/forumsite/20799/topics/607018

Archived