TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help finding a gt500 @ MSRP in Houston

Hey guys,

I live in Houston, Texas and i've been looking around for an 07 gt500 @ msrp since these cars came out and it looks like it's going to be a while. Anyway I'll get straight to my question. Should I keep waiting and see if the price goes down to msrp or should I order an 08?

Also if I order an 08, will there be an ADM over the MSRP?

If I can't get my hands on one of these cars soon, I will probably get me an 07 Roush. :headspin:

If

Hey guys,

I live in Houston, Texas and i've been looking around for an 07 gt500 @ msrp since these cars came out and it looks like it's going to be a while. Anyway I'll get straight to my question. Should I keep waiting and see if the price goes down to msrp or should I order an 08?

If I can't get my hands on one of these cars soon, I will probably get me an 07 Roush. :headspin:

If

07/08 doesn't matter. They all have ADM's.....the lowest I have seen recent was $5K, $6K and $7500 over. Most are $10K +

My opinion is best deals will be between Oct 07 - Feb 08 and after that up again assuming they don't offer one for 09 which is not suppose to happen. Only time will tell.

Deals will be hard to find, I agree with John about that being the best time. 07s will be around but 08s will be coming in, so dealers will want to move cars. Keep your eye out for a "used" new car, that is the best way to get a deal, find someone that does not want theirs any more.

08s will also have a higher retail price and higher gas guzzler.

All valid points. ADM varies from dealer to dealer so any are negotiable. I talked to several dealers in Texas and 10 over was the lowest number I found. No one can say what will happen when the 08's come in. It could be that dealers will want 10 over for 07's and 15-20 for 08's. I offered many dealers between 2500-3500 over and none would sell at that price. I have heard many stories about people buying for msrp but I would have to assume it is because they know someone or purchased very early. Today, after I ordered my car, a local dealer emailed me an offer to sell at $12,500 over. Hah. I told them if they had accepted the 5k over I offered them on Friday night, that car would be sold now. Good Luck to you in your search to find an msrp deal. I never have had much luck so I made the best deal I could.

Hey guys,

If

I know this is just personal preference, but if you go shopping for a Roush, do yourself a service and check out the Saleen. http://www.saleen.com/ I think they have more to offer and better at holding their value. Had I not been able to get my GT500's it was going to be Saleen.

I know this is just personal preference, but if you go shopping for a Roush, do yourself a service and check out the Saleen. http://www.saleen.com/ I think they have more to offer and better at holding their value. Had I not been able to get my GT500's it was going to be Saleen.

Hey thanks for the advice but I think I'd rather get a gt500 15k over msrp instead of buying a saleen 60-70k. Roushes I believe are about 48k-52K (427R or a Stage 3) a little less power but very nice looking. http://www.roushperformance.com/

I'll just wait and see what happens. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one used.

Thanks

There is a guy on this board selling his Grabber Orange Vert near Austin, TX for roughly 6K over. 300 miles and still has all the stickers (including the window sticker) on it. Great deal on a beautiful ride near you if it's what you want.

Archived