TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sai's Ebay Store Is Back!

Akos (AJ)

Who bought the KR dead pedal? Sold for $68 plus S/H. I never saw these offered on the SPP parts site. I would love to buy one.

These used to be offered through StangDeadPedals.com. Not sure if they are still offering them but you could check and see. Retail on these was $39.95 plus about $6 shipping. Better than $68.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to make a clarification on the shipping charges. The shipping costs you see on eBay are calculated by eBay, not Shelby. Tom, our Ebay manager, has actually been adjusting the shipping charges down to the real numbers on the winning bids. You can check on your invoices.

As far as the online store goes, we are charging the same for shipping as any small business would. We are using the same systems as most of other businesses do. People tend to forget that we are not Amazon or Zappos, so we cannot offer free shipping to our customers (yet).

If you want to arrange for your own shipping on bigger items in case you can get a better rate, please give us a call and we can accommodate you.

AJ

I would like to make a clarification on the shipping charges. The shipping costs you see on eBay are calculated by eBay, not Shelby. Tom, our Ebay manager, has actually been adjusting the shipping charges down to the real numbers on the winning bids. You can check on your invoices.

As far as the online store goes, we are charging the same for shipping as any small business would. We are using the same systems as most of other businesses do. People tend to forget that we are not Amazon or Zappos, so we cannot offer free shipping to our customers (yet).

If you want to arrange for your own shipping on bigger items in case you can get a better rate, please give us a call and we can accommodate you.

AJ

Thanks for the clarification AJ. You may want to have your guy change the setting when you create the listings as I am sure you are scarring many possible customers away with the outrageous shipping charges that are listed.

I sell many many things on Ebay and have never let Ebay calculate the charges. I put an amount in there and let it fly.

Thanks for the clarification AJ. You may want to have your guy change the setting when you create the listings as I am sure you are scarring many possible customers away with the outrageous shipping charges that are listed.

I sell many many things on Ebay and have never let Ebay calculate the charges. I put an amount in there and let it fly.

Yes, we are looking into that. Thanks!

AJ

These used to be offered through StangDeadPedals.com. Not sure if they are still offering them but you could check and see. Retail on these was $39.95 plus about $6 shipping. Better than $68.

I actually found them on the SPP site too. I will check out your source as well. Thanks.

Who bought the KR dead pedal? Sold for $68 plus S/H. I never saw these offered on the SPP parts site. I would love to buy one.

I picked that one up...then found out they have them on the Shelby Store site for $39.99. I was told they don't offer them any longer, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

I didn't mind paying the $68.00. In the end, it all worked out just fine.

AK.

Interesting items on the e-bay store!

What caught my eye was the scale model of a KR which has been signed by Carroll.

They state that these are rare,so I wonder how rare? I bought an ingot silver GT500 which was signed by Carroll ,which I got from the Shelby Store at the old location in 2009.

I can't remember what I paid for it now,but I think that it was $175.

Shelby E-bay store is asking $999 or offers,so just wondering how many were signed by Carroll and just maybe I might consider parting with mine!

The Shelby store is selling a GT 500KR splitter as an SS splitter. Up until now, I've never known SAI selling KR parts to people who don't own KRs. I am not happy to see this going on at SAI, and I don't believe Ford would be happy either. Also, the price is way out there too. The SS splitter sold for approx. $550 and the KR splitter for about 3K.

What's going on???

While the designs are very similar, the SS splitter is made by a different manufacturer using a slightly different technique on laying the carbon fiber. The OEM KR splitters are still the ones that were made for the production cars by the OEM carbon fiber supplier. Shelby (not Ford) owns the design on those. We switched to the KR style splitters for the SS, because it's a better design than the original was. By building the KRs, we found that that splitter was more stable at high speeds than what we had originally on the SS, and was better at taking a beating on the track. We applied the lessons learnt and we are now offering our '07-'09 SS and GT500 owners a better part.

What it boils down to is that if KR owners want the OEM splitters, we have them in stock and they can buy them by calling Brian at 844.283.5750. Can KR owners use the aftermarket SS splitters instead? Absolutely. If I had a KR and was driving the hell out of it, I would be buying the SS splitters because I know I would be going through them fast. As far as the price difference between the 2 parts, it comes down to OEM vs. aftermarket. Any OEM part needs to go through rigorous testing and validation (expensive!), whether you build a 100 cars or a 100,000 cars. We only built 1700 or so KRs, so that cost is not spread across a high number of vehicles.

AJ

I picked that one up...then found out they have them on the Shelby Store site for $39.99. I was told they don't offer them any longer, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

I didn't mind paying the $68.00. In the end, it all worked out just fine.

AK.

I was after it too. Glad you got it. You have to post some pics after you get it installed.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked the newest auctions listed and the shipping is much more reasonable. I think you will find that there will be a lot more action from buyers.

I don't know, I was just checking out the trans cooling scoop listed on the ebay site and then went to the Shelby store to see the price difference, they were the same price, and the shipping cost was less at the Shelby store, so I think they'll still have to adjust some of the items shipping costs on the ebay site. Still not sure why they would offer the part for the same price on both sites!

I just picked up my CSM numbered set of GT500KR billet sill plates that have been sitting in a box on the shelf for almost seven years. If you own an 08 and you (or the original owner) never got yours call Brian Turner at SAI, he might be able to find them. They were made for 08s only.

$119.00 plus shipping.

Thanks for hooking me up with the info AJ.

AK.

I just picked up my CSM numbered set of GT500KR billet sill plates that have been sitting in a box on the shelf for almost seven years. If you own an 08 and you (or the original owner) never got yours call Brian Turner at SAI, he might be able to find them. They were made for 08s only.

$199.00 plus shipping.

AK.

Nice! I thought these were included in the KR package? Glad you were able to secure them for your KR.

I've been trying to get a couple things for my 40th, but keep coming up short. Lol

AJ

AJ, I just received my package from an ebay purchase and my invoice does not reflect any shipping rate changes. Per the ebay auction, i was charged $12 for Fedex delivery, but the box arrived via USPS. What gives?

AJ, I just received my package from an ebay purchase and my invoice does not reflect any shipping rate changes. Per the ebay auction, i was charged $12 for Fedex delivery, but the box arrived via USPS. What gives?

Please contact Tom at tomh@shelbyamerican.com, or directly through the actual eBay store. Thanks,

AJ

Well, according to Tom @ SPP, the price you see on the auction is what you will pay. There are no adjustments being made as AJ mentioned earlier. The shipping method quoted may also not be correct. As an example: I purchased an item for $26.99, ebay calculated Fedex rate of $12.00. My package arrived (on time) via USPS. So i know that USPS does not charge the same as Fedex, but i believe Fedex was used as the shipping method to get the total cost higher. Tom indicated that this is shipping and handling charges, which covers new packaging materials.

It is what it is, just want others to not expect adjustments on their ebay purchase!

Well, according to Tom @ SPP, the price you see on the auction is what you will pay. There are no adjustments being made as AJ mentioned earlier. The shipping method quoted may also not be correct. As an example: I purchased an item for $26.99, ebay calculated Fedex rate of $12.00. My package arrived (on time) via USPS. So i know that USPS does not charge the same as Fedex, but i believe Fedex was used as the shipping method to get the total cost higher. Tom indicated that this is shipping and handling charges, which covers new packaging materials.

It is what it is, just want others to not expect adjustments on their ebay purchase!

This is something new that FEDEX is doing now, they ship the package to your area and then deliver it to your local post office for delivery to the home. Found this out when we checked on (tracking) one of our packages and it showed as delivered, and we never got it. When we called FEDEX they said it was delivered to USPS for home delivery take it up with them.

Couldn't believe it. Needless to say since it was shipped through them and paid to them we talked to a Supervisor to get it fixed, but beware FEDEX can't track the package once it is given to USPS. You have to call your local post office, it's a complete PITA trust me.

(with my case the post office delivered it to someone elses house a few blocks away and had the person not brought it to us we probably never would have received it because the Postal carrier said there was nothing on his truck for us and stuck to his story. Talk about being Angry with FEDEX

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the shipping cost, just wanted to get this info about FEDEX out there for all to know so you're not surpised like I was.

Jeff

So, here is the scoop. Tom was a step ahead of me in figuring out the coordination between the shipping process and costs for Shelby Performance Parts and the actual Ebay store. Going forward we are not letting Ebay calculate the shipping costs. Tom is assigning a flat rate shipping cost to each item, so the bidders know it ahead of time. The shipping costs do include the handling charges and if you happen to buy multiple items, please let Tom know and he will be happy to work with you to combine shipping to reduce costs. Should any issues arise, please contact Tom directly and he will try to address your concerns.

Thanks for being patient with us while we figure this out...

AJ

UPS also has the same system in place with the USPS. It's called SurePost. They deliver packages to the Post Office which ultimately takes the parcels to their final delivery destination. I don't believe they ship larger packages this way as the USPS vehicles couldn't handle the shear volume.

$119.00 plus shipping.

AK.

AK. Called Monday and still waiting for Brian to call me back. How quick was your experience?

Archived