TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sai's Ebay Store Is Back!

Akos (AJ)

AK. Called Monday and still waiting for Brian to call me back. How quick was your experience?

He's pretty busy, it took about a week so you may need to keep trying. You can also send him an email at BrainT@shelbyamerican.com

Thanks and good luck.

AK.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received my Shelby Logo cap (clearance, free shipping). High quality item, more than worth the $9.95. I had this to say:

"

• Excellent value, careful packing, quick shipping. eBaY done right. Thanks.
    Aug 08, 2014

"

I've seen several 40th faux gas cap rings being sold. Sure would've been nice for SAI to offer these to the 40th owners first, including SS and KR versions.

Strange how things work. Seems parts have been sitting on the shelves for years but no one thought it was a good idea list them on the SSP site. :)

Strange how things work. Seems parts have been sitting on the shelves for years but no one thought it was a good idea list them on the SSP site. :)

Most of these parts have been listed on shelbystore.com at a certain point. The one-of items haven't been listed there obviously, and eBay works great for those.

AJ

I've seen several 40th faux gas cap rings being sold. Sure would've been nice for SAI to offer these to the 40th owners first, including SS and KR versions.

Owners of specific Shelby models have always had the possibility to get most replacement parts from SPP, you only had to make a phone call. Now we are offering these items through eBay which is proving itself to be the best solution....

AJ

Owners of specific Shelby models have always had the possibility to get most replacement parts from SPP, you only had to make a phone call. Now we are offering these items through eBay which is proving itself to be the best solution....

AJ

Agree, eBay is a great solution for SPP. All I said was, it would have been nice for SPP to offer these parts to the actual owners of the cars before going out for bid to the public. I'm sure most would prefer specific parts be sold to those with the specific car, rather than someone making clone. This isn't anything new with some of the specific model owners, see the threads from when Ford offered up KR wheels, suspension parts, etc. That didn't go over so well with KR owners. Maybe no one would purchase these specific parts, but at least it was offered. I did make a phone call on one specific part, but was told the front splitters were gone. A few months later one showed up on the SPP eBay store. Sorry I missed that one.

BTW - great looking Bunny!

Most of these parts have been listed on shelbystore.com at a certain point. The one-of items haven't been listed there obviously, and eBay works great for those.

AJ

Why were they be taken off the SSP site if you still had the parts. The idea that someone is supposed to call to see if the parts are available makes no sense to me. If that is the case what is the purpose of the SSP site?

Why were they be taken off the SSP site if you still had the parts. The idea that someone is supposed to call to see if the parts are available makes no sense to me. If that is the case what is the purpose of the SSP site?

I can't control how my predecessors chose to run SPP. And this is not the right place to discuss our retail strategy. Some customers prefer buying on SPP, some on eBay and some from one of our wholesale distributors. Our job is to make it easier for the Shelby fans to buy our parts, regardless of the channel.

AJ

They have the fifty years super snake wheels up now. $4200.00

Quite the profit they are making on them.

The more profit we make, the more R&D we run, the better people we can afford, the better parts you get. Everybody wins... :)

The more profit we make, the more R&D we run, the better people we can afford, the better parts you get. Everybody wins... :)

WHAT!? You mean....You're not a non-profit/not for profit corporation????

HOW DARE YOU!

Phill

WHAT!? You mean....You're not a non-profit/not for profit corporation????

HOW DARE YOU!

Phill

No and we are not Wal-Mart either.... Shocking, I know.... :lol:

Once, somebody smarter than I said about price-wars and discounting: "The problem with the race-to-the-bottom is that you might actually win!"

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for another set of 40th mats for more than a year. I check every time I'm on the SPP site, but no luck. I recently decided to buy a different set to use as my daily mats. The 40th mats are on eBay today, go figure. Maybe I'll luck out and will be the high bidder. :)

Archived