TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need A Good Mechanic La County

punisherSER

I have a 2009 gt500. I don't just want to take it to any mechanic who has never dealt with this type of car. I wanted to know if anyone knew a mechanic in the LA county who has worked on our type of vehicle. Recently my car started doing something that obviously shouldn't happen. It will drive fine threw every gear for a long period of time, but if I decide to give it a little power the rpms jump up like if I was pressing the throttle in neutral then it comes back down. If I keep holding the throttle down it will do it constantly. If anyone can help me with a mechanic, or idea what it can be I would really appreciate it.

Not sure how far you are from them, but Galpin Ford / Galpin Auto Sports is one of the biggest Shelby dealers in the country and from what I've heard has a very good service department too.

If you're willing to drive out to Palm Springs, Alex at Mackenzie Mustang knows about all there is to know about these cars (and is a frequent participant around here).

Good luck!

So, I had a similar situation. Started about a month ago. On the fwy, hit the gas, rpm goes up, and sounds like spinning the tires.

Bad news- it's that infamous clutch:(

It did it for a while, then went out completely, couldn't get it in gear, or hook up at all.

I got the McLeod RXT clutch installed, and it is like butter! A lot softer than original, and very smooth! Bad news is parts alone were 1500 from Summit racing. Also changes the trans fluid and gear oil to Royal Purple at the same time.

I have a local mechanic in Simi that did the install for me. It was less than a day.

If you want his info, pm me, and good luck!

So, I had a similar situation. Started about a month ago. On the fwy, hit the gas, rpm goes up, and sounds like spinning the tires.

Bad news- it's that infamous clutch:(

It did it for a while, then went out completely, couldn't get it in gear, or hook up at all.

I got the McLeod RXT clutch installed, and it is like butter! A lot softer than original, and very smooth! Bad news is parts alone were 1500 from Summit racing. Also changes the trans fluid and gear oil to Royal Purple at the same time.

I have a local mechanic in Simi that did the install for me. It was less than a day.

If you want his info, pm me, and good luck!

pmd you

Not sure how far you are from them, but Galpin Ford / Galpin Auto Sports is one of the biggest Shelby dealers in the country and from what I've heard has a very good service department too.

If you're willing to drive out to Palm Springs, Alex at Mackenzie Mustang knows about all there is to know about these cars (and is a frequent participant around here).

Good luck!

I would never let GAS touch my car again.

Archived