TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Pulley?

Got pulled sat by supersnake on freeway at 70mph. Don't want that to happen again. Should I go to a 2.8, 2.7, or 2.6 on my tvs? Thinking if I do it, I might as well go to a 2.6. Everything else is stock kr except the tvs.

VMP has a 2.5" pulley that is clearanced to fit all blower types, so you might as well go straight for that one.

If you pick up one of their 90mm idlers, then you can keep the stock blower belt length with no additional components.

Upgrading to the HD Green blower belt is a nice option too, it is not very expensive and cheap insurance.

You might even want to consider a larger throttle body too, if you want to step up the power even more.

At the higher boost levels, going one step colder on the plugs and gapping them down to .032 is usually recommended.

As zachman stated, they can give you good advice on how to proceed, and supply you with the tune to make all that stuff work properly.

All of these mods are fairly subtle and hard to spot by the untrained eye, other than the green belt which I think looks pretty cool.

The changes look stock enough that most people and even track techs overlook most of the mods.

FRPP TVS, L&M 72mm TB, FRPP CAI, VMP 2.5" upper pulley, VMP 90mm idler, HD Green blower belt, Ford plugs 1 step colder gapped to .032 and a 94 octane pump gas tune.

Not quite as subtle are the KR strut tower brace and a Shelby oil separator.

Real world numbers for this combo, with drag radials and a relatively soft launch (to prevent excessive tire spin) a best of 11.30 sec and 125.35 mph, with stock weight, stock exhaust and the stock 3.31 gears.

No bling but plenty of go power.

Underhood.jpg

I have the TVS from VMP with the ported elbow and I could have sworn that it was a 2.65" pulley, and the FRPP throttle body. This works well with Justin's tune, the Procal tune and the stock KR tune and it doesn't require an idler pulley. Nice!!! and it looks stock..

Archived