TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Dyno Run - Stock Config

Hopsgt500

Put the car on the dyno this afternoon to get a baseline before I put the TB, CAI and pulley on next week. It only made 530hp at the wheel. Kind of disappointed, but it was hot, and I'm not sure how much of a loss from the heat. So we will see what happens after I get all that stuff on.

I have my car in colorado and wonder what effects high altitude have on the dyno results. I've been tempted to check it but all I can think about is that red cobra destroying the dyno!

Don't be discouraged at all. Every dyno is different and the conditions they are run in are totally different. The important thing is that the car is running how it should.

Very true indeed. It is still an awesome machine and I smile every time I drive it :)

I have my car in colorado and wonder what effects high altitude have on the dyno results. I've been tempted to check it but all I can think about is that red cobra destroying the dyno!

I am not sure about that either, but I bet that if you got with a reputable shop they would answer all your questions about high altitude effects. These cars are tough and they have fail safes built in if something is not right. :) I've seen that video, pretty wild for sure

Put the car on the dyno this afternoon to get a baseline before I put the TB, CAI and pulley on next week. It only made 530hp at the wheel. Kind of disappointed, but it was hot, and I'm not sure how much of a loss from the heat. So we will see what happens after I get all that stuff on.

ThomasL is right about every car and dyno being a little different, but that's unusually low for a 2013/2014 MY Shelby, regardless of condition.

Go see Rob at RWR Motorsports. My experience there has been great, including the baseline dyno pull I did a few weeks ago...

BaselineDynoPull_zpsd071502d.jpg

642 HP and 621 ft-lbs at the rear wheels isn't bad for a stock setup like mine. (I don't think my no-tune-required JLT intake and Airaid filter count as "performance" mods.)

Go see Rob at RWR Motorsports. My experience there has been great, including the baseline dyno pull I did a few weeks ago...

BaselineDynoPull_zpsd071502d.jpg

642 HP and 621 ft-lbs at the rear wheels isn't bad for a stock setup like mine. (I don't think my no-tune-required JLT intake and Airaid filter count as "performance" mods.)

Thank you! I was researching this today to see who is recommended around us for tuning. Those are really impressive stock numbers for sure, I'm stock besides a tune and pulley, would be interesting to see how it performs in comparison. At some point I'll get over there and let you know how it does. What does it cost? I had a quote today for $500 for the tune and 6 dyno runs from a place in longmont. They mostly work on imports so I was worried about taking my car there. On the their website they brag about building 500hp cars, I was laughing inside.

Thank you! I was researching this today to see who is recommended around us for tuning. Those are really impressive stock numbers for sure, I'm stock besides a tune and pulley, would be interesting to see how it performs in comparison. At some point I'll get over there and let you know how it does. What does it cost? I had a quote today for $500 for the tune and 6 dyno runs from a place in longmont. They mostly work on imports so I was worried about taking my car there. On the their website they brag about building 500hp cars, I was laughing inside.

It was $75 for a baseline dyno pull, with no tuning. I'm not sure about pricing beyond that, since I haven't felt the need (yet).

FWIW, RWR specializes in Mustangs. There were at least 6 of them (including a 5.0, a Boss, and 4 GT500s) the day I was there. Rob knows his stuff!

530rwhp is a little low for a DynoJet. What was the torque numbers? Can you post a dyno graph? Curious as to what the A/F ratio looked like as well? Any problems with the car, such as misfire or surging while cruising? I ask because some folks are experiencing inconsistent gapped spark plugs which are causing misfire and/or surge while cruising. My car actually has a little bit of both, but I haven't taken it to Ford yet b/c I don't feel like them having their grubby hands all over my new car. :nonono:

530rwhp is a little low for a DynoJet. What was the torque numbers? Can you post a dyno graph? Curious as to what the A/F ratio looked like as well? Any problems with the car, such as misfire or surging while cruising? I ask because some folks are experiencing inconsistent gapped spark plugs which are causing misfire and/or surge while cruising. My car actually has a little bit of both, but I haven't taken it to Ford yet b/c I don't feel like them having their grubby hands all over my new car. :nonono:

When I changed the pulley they told me I had to change the plugs too, I wasn't interested in that at all. I procrastinated for a couple weeks, bought a handful off tools, then went at it. Very easy to do actually, I spent probably an hour total changing them all out. All were easily accessible after you pull off the covers, all came out easily too. You must torque them back at 14 lbs, use anti-seize on the threads, and a little silicone on the boot, other than that it's straight forward. It was actually a fun it went so well.

When I changed the pulley they told me I had to change the plugs too, I wasn't interested in that at all. I procrastinated for a couple weeks, bought a handful off tools, then went at it. Very easy to do actually, I spent probably an hour total changing them all out. All were easily accessible after you pull off the covers, all came out easily too. You must torque them back at 14 lbs, use anti-seize on the threads, and a little silicone on the boot, other than that it's straight forward. It was actually a fun it went so well.

Agreed, it's a very easy job. Thanks for the pointers. I guess my philosophy is that I will make Ford fix something that isn't evidentally right so as to save me from having to spend time on the car that I really don't have at this point.

Like I said it was hot (probably close to 100 and very high humidity) which caused some of the low power. I think the A/F was right around 11 something (close to 12). Don't have the graph handy so I can't show you. No problems what so ever with the car, runs like a champ. I'm not too worried as this week I am putting on a cai/monoblade tb/2.4 pulley and a Jon Lund tune.

I got all the upgrades installed, but the tune wasn't quite right so I took the car to my local performance shop and they did a dyno tune and really tweaked it good. Pulled 656hp at the wheel, quite happy with that. Next thing will be headers lol.

Archived