TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Goodyear F1 Super Car Tires

TRTGT500

Super sports are on and looking good. Stock size up front, 295s in back. Also discovered left front Goodyear had several cracks in the tread, tire place is contacting Goodyear for me to get it replaced. Glad I found out now instead of being on the side of the road! Have pictures to upload but guess they are too big, from my iPhone.

How much wider tire would you guys suggest for the back on the stock rims? I don't want them too wide as they will look stupid with the rim pulling on the center and of course handling will suffer. Did you guys go with a wider front as well, or just on the back?

My 2 cents is on the stock 9.5 inch rims, 295 is the max. Friend of mine has 10 inch rims with 305s and they look great. My rears look a little bulge, if thats even a word! lol.... Think Ford played with it but found too wide of a rim made them change too many other things back there. Thanks

I personally think that looks a lot better than the stock Goodyears, as the Michelin tires are more square than the GY's as well, hence giving a wider look.

What part number did you go with, the 105Y K1 FER, 105Y PO POR, or 101Y?

Invoice reads, 105Y, would the other number be on the tire?

That's a good question, but I'm honestly not sure. The two tires are both 105Y rated, but one is the Ferrari (K1) tire, and the other the P0 (Porsche) The difference is, one is wider than the other, with the Ferrari being the widest.

Here are the two:

http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&fl=&tc=MMIHZM&c=4&rcz=90210&pc=34615&ar=35&rf=true&rd=20&rc=CALINT&cs=295

http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&fl=&tc=MMIHZJ&c=2&rcz=90210&pc=35609&ar=35&rf=true&rd=20&rc=CALINT&cs=295

got it, they are K1, my car thinks its a Ferrari! lol

And you can tell they are definitely wider than the stock goodyears. They also look much better from the rear, essentially how the car should have looked IMO. I remember seeing someone measure the 295 Michelin, and I believe it was right at 12" wide.

Archived