TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where Are All The Black Cars?

Gt50014

I used Turtle Wax Ice products across the board, except (I think) Mothers clay bar kit. I used both the Mothers and Ice spray detailer (you use it during the clay bar process) and found them to have almost identical properties. On the other hand, the Turtle Wax Ice "wax" is an awesome product. I used two full coats on all surfaces - even plastics like the grey mirrors and front parts - since it does not leave a residue. Also on the wheels! First reason is the wax does not leave a white residue like most waxes do. Second, on those other surfaces you get the following benefits. Plastic: like the front parts and mirrors: Bug goo is easier to clean. Wheels: brake dust is lots easier to clean.

On the painted surfaces and stripes it works wonderfully. Then during the season when using the spray detailer at the car show or cleaning up after a drive it "refreshes" the wax. I get a whole season with the wax and detailer combination then start over in the spring with a new claybar, wax, polish, lather rinse repeat.

I also use the Turtle Wax car wash since it doesn't cut the wax. When beginning the clay bar I wash with the harshest dish washer soap I could find because I wanted to cut the wax and grime before clay barring - no use in askin gthe bar to do more than it has to.

I haven't done the GT yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is another Black DD. Taking it to Vegas on it first real road trip on the 30th. Tried to do LA a couple months ago. I dont think 2 hours at 45MPH counts a road trip. Any opinions on funnest of the three routes from San Diego.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my new 2014 triple black!

Just purchased last Friday 19 SEP 14 and TUNED, PLUS POWER PACKED WITH MODS (STEEDA) on Saturday.

725HP (RWHP) - WASTE OF MONEY DOING THAT!

as it is already overpowered...and it will not stay on the ground, always slipping.

DON'T TUNE, unless you are planning to MOD further for racing purpose...

Enjoy it.

LCL

post-33873-0-13112300-1411416069_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived