TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Leather Treatment

Coachmoe

Greetings!

I've just upgraded the interior in my 07 with the Shelby Upgrade sold by Designer Auto Accessories. I'm wondering if anyone can give me a recommendation for cleaning / dressing products? have been told not to use Armor-All as it will dry the leather out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Leathermasters, but from what I've read as long as you use a cleaner specifically designed for leather then you're good.

Keeping it clean is the most important thing... more so than "conditioned" or whatever you want to call it.

Sweat and dirt are the worst offenders.

I keep a spray bottle of just water on my shop bench. Anytime I take a really long drive I spritz down the driver's seat (and passenger if I had one) and give it a wipe down.

Do a thorough cleaning about once a month, but my car is a daily driver so you may not need to do it that often.

Enjoy your new seats!

Been using Meguiar's leather cleaner and conditioner. So far it works great although I may look to try some alternatives in the future that are less sticky the first few days after application.

• 4 weeks later...

I used Pinnacle Leather conditioner on my 2007 just two weeks ago. This was the first time to apply conditioner to the leather. To be honest I didn't want to lose that new car smell it amazingly still has since built in 2006.

Te Pinnacle from Autogeek left no shine, slick or fragrance behind. Very pleased with the end result.

Any pictures of your new interior? I've been on the fence to buy the same interior upgrade while thinking about what color combination to get for a Vista Blue car. What are your thoughts on the quality and workmanship?

6 Speed,

The hardest thing about modding our cars is wondering if it's going to look OK, whatever it is. I went through the same thing when I did new wheels and tires.

Like you, I worried about how the blue and white interior would match the Vista Blue. When I received the new interior I opened the box and the second I saw the covers in person I knew I made the right decision.

I spoke with Gary Disney a couple of times before I placed the order through Southeast Carbon Works. He told me that his blue and white would match perfectly and he was right. I did the upgrade AND i added the console cover, steering wheel and shift boot as well. Kinda pricey but man oh many does it look KILLER! Additionally, the new front seat foam is a FANTASTIC upgrade over the stock foam.

Quality and workmanship on the entire package are 5 star IMHO.

Finally, As my OEM interior only had 4,300 miles on it, I was able to sell it on one of the Shelby Forums for a nice chunk of change.

Hope this helps!

Here are pics:

IMG_2007-1.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2001-1.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

Looks awesome. Trying to figure out how to trick the wife into letting me get it. Her biggest fight is there is nothing wrong with mine. Well locking the cat in the car overnight with fix that problem. Then she won't have a choice but to let me upgrade.

Looks awesome. Trying to figure out how to trick the wife into letting me get it. Her biggest fight is there is nothing wrong with mine. Well locking the cat in the car overnight with fix that problem. Then she won't have a choice but to let me upgrade.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Man you went all out with the wheel and everything getting done. Looks sharp.

THANKS! Dad always said, "If you're going to do something, do it well! " LOL ;)

Archived