TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe Question

Shelby71

I have a black 08 vert with the red stripe package.

I have seen pics of cars with the stripes on the window frame and without.

Mine does not have the stripes on the window frame.

How do these cars come from the factory when the stripes are original equipment?

The 08 did not have the hood stripes just the side stripe. Only the 40th anniversary models had them. So it is up to you as to put the stripe on the window frame

So the red stripe package only contains the red side stripe and the red emblems, not the front to back stripes?

the 08 red stripe package has the same stripes as any other 08 gt500, only red; so it would have the bumper to bumper over the top stripes. I just don't understand what window frame surround stripe you are talking about???? anything other than the standard 08 stripes is an add on stripe. Hope that helps. You can do a search on this site and find the original spec sheet on this....or maybe I can just post ...lol

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/29789-2009-gt500-red-stripe-package/

see post #6

the 08 red stripe package has the same stripes as any other 08 gt500, only red; so it would have the bumper to bumper over the top stripes. I just don't understand what window frame surround stripe you are talking about???? anything other than the standard 08 stripes is an add on stripe. Hope that helps. You can do a search on this site and find the original spec sheet on this....or maybe I can just post ...lol

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/29789-2009-gt500-red-stripe-package/

see post #6

These are both for the coupe, I have a convertible.

I'm not talking about a surround stripe, just the two small stripes on the window frame.

I've seen them both with and without on convertibles, mine does not have them.

I"ll do a search on how to post pictures here.

see post #6

See post #18

I think I know what your asking. I was just looking at the original window sticker for my 09 and saw that the roof stripes was an option, for like $367 dollars (put it away) if the original purchaser never got this option the stripes would stop after the hood and start back up on trunk. I know sounds stupid but I'm sure there was people who didn't pony up the extra $.

Personally I don't like the stripes on the window frame, I just wondered if they came from the factory with it or not.

I assumed if you ordered the "Le Mans" stripes they went over the whole car, except the canvas of course.

I'm not even sure that they were available in 2008 for the convertible.

Archived