TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texaco "cool Cars" Commercial Shoot With Our 1968 Gt500Kr

Cali_KR

I had rec'd an email from a local Bay Area film company looking for cars for a Texaco commercial titled "Cool Cars". In the email they said they wanted two Mopars, a Cobra and a Shelby Mustang. I emailed them pix of my 68KR, and they came back all lathered up, and said they had to have it!

The shoot was scheduled for this past June 4, out at the Byron Airport, in east Contra Costa County (just north of Tracy CA).

Our car was the "hero" (meaning feature) car, and my call time was 9:30am, and was to be there until 8:30pm, as they wanted to get film in all the varying light, and as such rec'd the most camera time (hopefully it all doesn't end up on the editing room floor...)

It was a fascinating day, and the volume of equipment and people was staggering, quite a major deal (I was told the budget was $175k)....and then the camera car showed up...yeowzers (google: Pursuit Systems), the tech that was loaded onto the Porsche Cayenne was amazing. really cool stuff....

They also told me they would be digitally changing my car color to black...The Cobra was a Superformance car (which I got to drive), the Roadrunner was OK, as was the Challenger , and all three red cars look good onscreen ...

They are to produce 3 ads, one 30 second TV spot, and two 15 second internet banner ads, and these will be released on July 2.

Here is the link to some pix I loaded into photobucket. Enjoy

In case you were wondering, yes I was compensated, and fed, very well I might add, on both counts...

http://s968.photobucket.com/user/cali_kr/library/Texaco%20commerical%20shoot%20June%204%202014?sort=4&page=1

Congrats Tom, great shots, hopefully we will be able to view the commercials in the great white north.

Very nice!!! Appreciate you sharing and can't wait to see the commercial.

David

Very Cool!!

Hope we get to see it in Canada.

When they send me the link, I'll post it here....

• 1 month later...

Looks awesome .... can't wait see the ad's, congrats !!!

Awesome Tom!! Look forward to seeing the commercial!.

Alex

Congrats Tom, great shots, hopefully we will be able to view the commercials in the great white north.

Very nice!!! Appreciate you sharing and can't wait to see the commercial.

David

Very Cool!!

Hope we get to see it in Canada.

Can't wait to see the commercial. I don't think I would want my KR to be changed to black digitally though. I think she is beautiful just the way she is.

Wow! Very cool Tom...

Looking forward to the commercial.

Well, here it is, just got the link emailed to me.

Objectively speaking, I think it is very well done.

Watch it on HD, and enjoy....

http://www.littlemovingpictures.com/TEXACO

Archived